Biography of Shaykh Shafiq Rehman Shahin
Biography of Shaykh Shafiq Rehman Shahin
Shaykh Shafiq Rehman Shahin was born in 1971 in Mian Channu in Khanewal. His father Shaykh Abdur Razaq Masood was at the time Khateeb in Tawheed Abad Ayubiyah, while his grand father Shaykh Muhammad Din Ameen was the secretary of Jamiah Salafiyah Islamabad.
Shaykh Shafiq Rahman Shahin studied first in his village and afterwards joined the Madrasah Jami Al-Ulum Multan where he learned preliminary Arabic books. A year after in 1985, he joined Jamiah Salafiyah Islamabad where he completed Dars Nizami course and passed the exams of Wafaq Madaris Salafiyah with high position.
During his studies in Jamiyah Salafiyah Islamabad, he took part in knowledge and literal activities in Islamabad. Indeed he participated in all the competitions in colleges and universities in Islamabad and obtained rewards. In 1986 he obtained the second position in the national oratory competition (All Pakistan Taqriri Muqabalah) and received an award in the presidential house in Islamabad from the president General Zia Al-Haq. His articles in young age were published in the daily newspapers “Nawai Waqt”. Furthermore, Shaykh Shafiq Rehman Shahin fully benefited from the library of University Grants commission Islamabad.
1) Shaykh Muhammad Miskeen Qureshi
2) Hafiz AbdulHameed Azhar
3) Hafiz Abdul Aziz Alawi
4) Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdullah Shuja’abadi
5) Shaykh Muhammad Yunus Aasim
After completing a Tarbiyah course for Imams in the International Islamic University of Islamabad, Shaykh Shafiq Rehman Shahin taught in Jamiyah Salafiyah Islamabad.
His activities in UK
In 1993, Shaykh Shafiq Rehman Shahin went to UK and was given the role of Imam and Khateeb in Jamiat Ahl e Hadith Oldham. During this time, he completed an English course in Oldham College and afterwards completed an Urdu teaching course from Manchester Metropolitan University. Afterwards he did a course of faith leader training from Oxford University.
With this he occupied the positions of Nazim e Ta’leem (secretary of education) and Nazim Nashr o Isha’at (secretary of propagation) of Markazi Jamiat Ahl e Hadith UK. As secretary of education, he established for the first time a 5 year syllabus for Madaris.
He wrote once a week column for 5 years for the daily newspapers “Jang” London writing on different topics and showing his journalistic skills, articles from the topic of the creed, societal to political issues of Muslims in Pakistan, UK and elsewhere.
In 2005 he started the program “Roshni” on the first Asian channel DM TV which was live every Saturday at 11h00 and from which many benefited in Europe.
1) “Rasool Rehmat or Ghayr Muslim” (Urdu): A 160 pages book on the Seerah, introduced by Hafiz Abdur Rasheed Azhar and Shaykh Sajid Mir. This book was internationally appraised. Shaykh Abdur Rasheed Azhar wrote in his introduction: “The book in your hands is very helpful and guiding to understand the noble personality of the Prophet (saw), his character, actions and noble magnificent life. In a short way a picture of the four rightly caliphs, way of government and the golden period of the Islamic history has also been presented beautifully. It will facilitate in finding the truth if a person studies it honestly”
2) “The Prophet of Mercy”: The English translation in 208 pages of “Rasool Rehmat or Ghayr Muslim”, translated by Muhammad Anwar Awan.
3) “Mujhe hai Hukm Azan” (Urdu): This book of 311 pages is a collection of the columns of Shaykh Shafiq Rahman Shahin. These columns reflect Ahl e Hadith pro-active journalism such as on p 81 condemning attacks on Muslims in Gaza, condemning secularism and liberalism in Pakistan such as p 105 and p 123. On P 123, the Shaykh’s article is entitled “Secular ya Islamic Riyasat” and on p 117, the Shaykh gave an advice to religious parties regarding on how they can win elections, and also article on Haramayn Sharifayn. The book also contains criticism as some Muslim MP’s behaviour in UK, and also fake Peer and Sufism, Halalah, astrology and other superstitions among Muslims, some mistakes of Dr Tahir Al-Qadri and other religious leaders.
4) “Safar Ishq Sayf Al-Muluk ka Itiqadi Jaaizah” (Urdu): This 200 pages book refutes the famous Sufi book “Sayf Al-Muluk” and shows the exaggeration in it about Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani and shed lights on the real creed of Shaykh Gilani. This book also criticises other wrong beliefs in Sayf Al-Muluk” such as the creed of Wahdatul Wujud (unity of existence) and some stories which degrade many prophets such as Sulayman, Ibrahim, Yusuf, Musa and others.
5) “Sam’ wa Ita’at” (Urdu): This 88 page book contains incidents of companions in which they obeyed straight away the prophet (saw) as soon as receiving his statements.
6) “Khulasah Quran”: Shaykh Shafiq Rehman Shahin has started his short Tafsir of the Quran and this book is under completion.
All these books have been published by Salafiya Publications and Research Institute, 11 Ross St Oldham, and we hope that they might be all translated in English for the younger generation and non-Urdu speakers to benefit from their elders.
His other services
Shaykh Shafiq Rehman Shahin with being governor of Coppice school is also member of the Oldham Interfaith Forum.
Shaykh Shafiq Rahman Shahin led the foundation of a new Islamic centre in 2015 which is currently under completion.
The Shaykh has started the branch of memorisation in Madrasah Salafiyah Oldham and 15 students have completed the memorisation of the Quran up to now and 8 of its students have been admitted to Madinah University.
Shaykh Shafiq Rehman Shahin has conducted many rallies in UK for different causes and is a pro-active scholar. He is also very close to many Pakistani cricketers such as Muhammad Yusuf and Inzimam ul Haq and has been advising them.
The Shaykh’s son Hafiz Muhammad Huzaifah graduated from Madinah University and is currently doing his masters in Leicester University. Hafiz Huzaifah has recited the whole Quran to Shaykh Abdul Muhsin Al-Qasim, Imam Masjid Nabawwi, and he has memorised more than 20 books and obtained Ijaza in them. We hope that he can be as pro-active as his father in Milli issues affecting the Muslims in UK and Pakistan and continue the legacy of his ancestors.
Muhammad shabbir Usmani
June 8, 2021 at 2:43 pm
Ma Sha Allah. A beautiful congratulation to History of Ulma e Salaf. Sheikh Shaheen is a leading activist, an orator of Islam, a leader of courage and wishful thinking scholar and an example for young Muslims leaders. Sheikh Ali Hasan Khan dealt with the writing very justly.