Bio of Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi (from 40 Ahl e Hadith scholars of Shaykh Iraqee with additions)
Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi (1315-1405/1897-1985)
Shaykh Muhammad Ameen Ash-Shanqiti, the author of “Adhwa Al-Bayan” said: ““I have not seen anyone on the face of the earth more knowledge than this Shaykh.”
Shaikh Muhammad Ali Janbaz said: “Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi was one of the biggest Muhadith, jurist, Mujtahid, proficient scholar of creed, Hafiz Al-Hadith, an ocean of knowledge, Imam of teaching, combining rational and textual sciences, of this century”
Hazrat Al-‘Allam, the Muhaddith of his era, a great Scholar, Shaykh Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi was a high calibre Scholar, the Muhadith of his time, exegete of the Qur’an, jurist, Mujtahid, specialist of creed, teacher, author, critic, intellectual and elegant writer. He had an equal command over all Islamic sciences. He had full mastery over Tafsir, Hadith, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, Asmaa ur-Rijaal (science of narrators of Hadith), Language, literature, history, philosophy, Mantiq (logic), Ilm al-Kalaam (knowledge of speculative rhetoric), Arabic morphology and grammar.
Among the Scholars, the teaching period of Shaykh Al-Kull Sayid Muhammad Nazeer Husayn Muhadith Dehlwi was 62 years. The teaching period of Hazrat Al-‘Allam Muhadith Gondalwi is also the same. Just as, it is almost impossible to count the number of students of Shaykh Al-Kull Dehlwi, similarly, it is also impossible to count the number of students of Hafiz Gondalwi.
The Arabic Madaris in which Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi taught after graduating are as follows:
1. Daar Al-Hadith Gondalawalah.
2. Jami’ah Islamiah Gujranwala.
3. Jami’ah as-Salafiyah Faisalabad.
4. Jami’ah Islamiyah Madeenah Munawwarah.
5. Jami’ah Muhammadiyah Gujranwala.
6. Jami’ah Ta’leem Al-Islam Audanwalah.
7. Jami’ah Daar As-Salam Umerabad (Madras).
Allah had gifted Hazrat Al-‘Allam Muhadith Gondalwi with an extraordinary memory. He memorized 15 Paras of Qur’an only in 15 days. After this, he stopped memorizing for six months, after six months, he memorized the remaining 15 Paras in 15 days, which means that he memorized the whole Qur’an in one month (30 days). He had such a sharp memory that if he read a book once, then it would remain preserved in his mind forever. He almost had the explanation of Al-Bukhari of Hafiz Ibn Hajar, and “Faydh Al-Bari” of Shaykh Anwar Shah Kashmiri memorized by heart. The lengthy quotes from “Hujjatullah al-Balighah” of Shah Waliullah Dehlwi were preserved in the chest of Hafiz Gondalwi.
One such incidence of his extraordinary memory was that, once he wrote a book named “Ithbat at-Tawheed fi Ibtaal at-Tathleeth” and sent it to Shaikh Al-Hadith Muhammad Isma’eel Salafi (rah) to get it published. Shaykh Salafi put the manuscript of that book somewhere and later forgot where he had placed it. About almost 6 months later Hafiz Gondalwi asked Shaikh Salafi about that book, so Shaykh Salafi said: “How could I get that book published when I have misplaced it and cannot find it?” In reply to which, Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi said: “No Problem, I will write it again”. Therefore, Hafiz Gondalwi finished rewriting that book within one week and gave it to Shaykh Isma’eel Salafi. Co-incidentally after two or three days, the old misplaced manuscript was also found. When both the manuscripts were compared, there was not even a single missing or added word in it.
The students of Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad Nazeer Husayn Muhadith Dehlwi also include some huge scholars who themselves became the possessors of chairs of teaching Hadith, and who achieved so many accomplishments in teaching and writing that they will always be remembered till the last day Insha Allah. For example in teaching some of these famous personalities are: Hafiz Abdullah Ghazipuri, Hafiz AbdulMannaan Wazeerabadi, Shaykh AbdulJabbaar Umarpuri, Shaykh Sayyid AbdulJabbaar Ghaznawi, Shaykh Hafiz Muhammad Barakallah Lakhvi, Shaykh Ahmadullah Muhadith PartabGarhi, and Shaykh AbdulWahhab Sadri Dehlwi and others.
Those among the students of Hafiz Gondalwi, who earned their name and fame in teaching include: Hafiz Abdullah Badhimalwi, Shaykh ‘Ubaydullah Rehmani Mubarakpuri, Shaykh Nazeer Ahmad Amlawi Iraaqi, Shaykh Muhammad Abduh Falaah, Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Husaynwi, Shaykh Peer Muhammad Ya’qoob Qurayshi, Hafiz AbdulMannaan Nurpuri, Shaykh Al-Hadith Abul Barakaat Ahmed Madrasi, Shaykh Muhammad A’zam, and Shaykh Al-Hadith Muhammad Ali Janbaaz and others.
In writing and specially in the service of Prophetic (saw) Hadith, the Students of Shaykh Al-Kull Sayyid Muhammad Nazeer Husayn Dehlwi have played a huge role, such as: Shaykh Shams Al-Haqq Azeemadi – the author of “Awn al-Ma’bood Ala Sunan Abi Dawood”, Shaykh AbdurRahman Mubarakpuri – the author of “Tuhfat Al-Ahwazi fi Sharh Jaami At-Tirmidhi”, Shaykh Sayyid Ahmad Hassan Dehlwi – the author of “Tanqih ar-Ruwaat fi Takhrij Ahadith al-Mishkat” (first half), Shaykh Abu Sa’eed Sharfudin Dehlwi – the author of “Tanqih Ar-Ruwaat fi Takhrij Ahadith al-Mishkat” (second half), Shaykh AbduTawwab Multani, and Shaykh AbdusSalam Mubarakpuri etc,
Among the students of Hafiz Gondalwi, the scholars who have achieved a high position in the service of Hadith, and earned the praises of the people of knowledge, include: Shaykh Al-Hadith Ataullah Haneef Bhujiyani – the author of “At-Ta’liqat As-Salafiyah” (Sunnan Nasa’i), Shaykh Al-Hadith Muhammad Ali Janbaaz – the explainer of Sunnan Ibn Majah, Shaykh Muhammad Saadiq Khaleel Faisalabadi, Shaykh Irshad ul-Haqq Athari, Shaykh Muhammad Yahya Gondalwi and others.
Among the students of Shaykh Mian Sayyid Nazeer Husayn Dehlwi who displayed great efforts in refuting false views and ideologies, and annihilate false religions, we count: Shaykh ‘Ubaydullah – the author of “Tuhfat Al-Hind”, Shaykh Abul Wafa Thanaullah Amritsari, Shaykh Abul Qasim Sayf Banarsi, Shaykh Muhammad Ibrahim Mir Sialkoti and others.
Among the students of Hazrat Al-‘Allam Gondalwi, the scholars who played a preminent role in refuting false views and ideologies include: Shaykh Muhammad Haneef Nadwi, Shaykh Ataullah Haneef, Shaykh AbdurRahmaan Ateeq Wazeerabaadi, Shaykh Muhammad Madni ibn Hafiz AbdulGhafoor, Shaykh Irshad Al-Haqq Athari, Shaykh Muhammad Yahya Gondalwi and others.
The Silsilah of Isnad of Hafiz Gondalwi reaches Shaykh Al-Kull Sayyid Muhammad Nazeer Husayn through two routes, via Shaykh AbdulJabbar Ghaznwi and via Hafiz AbdulMannan Wazeerabadi.
Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi was the possessor of a very profound knowledge. The scholars of Hijaz acknowledged his deep knowledge and virtue. Once when he was teacher of Hadith in Jami’ah Islamiyah Madeenah Munawwarah, he was having a scholarly discussion on a topic with the noble Shaykh Muhammad Ameen Ash-Shanqiti – the author of “Adhwa Al-Bayan”. So in answer to one of the matters, Hafiz Gondalwi said there are Ahadith narrated regarding this topic in “Jaami’ Tirmizi”, but all the scholars present in that gathering said altogether that these narrations are not present in “Jaami’ Tirmizi”, but Hafiz Gondalwi said with full confidence that these narrations are present in “Jaami Tirmizi”, therefore he showed those narrations from Tirmidhi to the scholars present there. Thereupon Shayh Ash-Shanqiti then said: “I have not seen anyone on the face of the earth more knowledge than this Shaykh.”
During his stay in Madeenah, he was once asked who was superior to the other, Imam Ibn Taymiyah or Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani? Hafiz Gondalwi replied: “In rational sciences, Imam Ibn Taymiyah is more knowledgeable than Ibn Hajar, and in textual sciences such as Asmaa ur-Rijaal, history, Usul Al-Hadith, Jarh wat Ta’deel (criticism and praise of narrators), criticism and evaluating (narrations) etc, Ibn Hajar takes precedence over Ibn Taymiyah.” Imam Ibn Taymiyah belonged to the Hanbali school of thought, while Imam Ibn Hajar belonged to the Shafi’i school of thought, and the majority of the students in the Islamic university of Madeenah belonged to the Hanbali School of thought, that’s why they did not appreciate this saying of Hafiz Gondalwi. Therefore, when this news reached the president of the university, Shaikh Ibn Baz (rah), he invited Hafiz Gondalwi to have a discussion. Among the listeners present in the audience were Scholars, students, and many knowledgeable personalities. Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi gave a lengthy and informative speech of three and a half hours. The topic of discussion was Eman. The Shaikh presented several quotes from the books of Ibn Hajar and Ibn Taymiyah, and then he compared the sayings of both the Imams and proved his topic effectively. After listening to his speech the president of the university Shaykh ibn Baz and other teachers were amazed and gave Hafiz Gondalwi kind wishes.
Besides being an expert in Islamic sciences, he also was an expert in Islamic Medicine. He passed the exam of Fadhil at-Tibb wal Jarahat (injuries) from Tibbiyah College of Delhi with very good marks, and got the degree. During the distribution of Certificate, Gandhi Ji gave him the certificate and the gold medal.
The Shaikh has also been the head of Jamiat Ahl e Hadith Pakistan. His services in Tahreek Pakistan (movement that lead to creation of Pakistan) were outstanding. He joined the Muslim league from the beginning and remained with them till the end.
Hafiz Gondalwi was born in 1315/1897 in Gondalawalah. The name of his Father was Mian Fadhl Den. He got his primary education from Shaykh Alaaudeen (Gujranwala), and later went to Taqwiyat ul-Islam Amritsar. The teachers he took knowledge from there include:
Shaykh Sayyid AbdulJabbar Ghaznawi
Shaykh Sayyid AbdulAwwal Ghaznawi
Shaykh Sayyid AbdulGhafoor Ghaznawi
Shaykh Muhammad Husayn Hazarwi
He took knowledge from Shaykh AbdurRazzaq, Ustadh Al-Funun (teacher of disciplines) in Delhi, and from Shaykh AbdulMannan Wazeerabaadi in Punjab.
It is not possible to list all the students of a scholar who taught for 62 years, “None knows the army of Your Lord except Him”, his famous students are:
Shaykh Ubaydullah Rehmani Mubarakpuri
Shaykh Muhammad Ataullah Haneef Bhujiyani
Shaykh Hafiz Abdullah Badhimalwi
Shaykh Muhammad Abdullah Gujranwala
Shaykh Hafiz Muhammad Ishaq
Shaykh Muhammad Abduh al-Falah
Shaykh Abul Barakat Ahmad Madrasi
Shaykh Muhammad Haneef Nadwi
Shaykh AbdurRahman Ateeq Wazeerabadi
Shaykh Muhammad Sadiq Khaleel
Shaykh Ilmudin Sohadrawi
Shaykh Muhammad A’zam
Shaykh AbdulQadir Nadwi
Shaykh Irshadul-Haqq Athari
Shaykh Muhammad Siddiq Faysalabadi
Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Bhatti
Shaykh AbdulKhaliq Quddusi
Shaykh Muhammad Ali Janbaz
Shaykh AtaurRahmaan Ashraf
Shaykh Mu’eenudin Lakhvi
Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Cheemah
Shaykh Hafiz AbdulMannan Nurpuri
Shaykh Muhammad Khalid Gharjakhi
Shaykh Qadhi Muhammad Aslam Sayf
Allamah Ihsan Elahi Zaheer
Allamah Muhammad Madni ibn Hafiz AbdulGhafoor
Shaykh Hakeem Mahmood Salafi
Hazrat Al-‘Allam Muhadith Gondalwi, where he was an Imam in the field of teaching, he was also a high calibre author. His books are listed below:
1. “Taqareer Sahih Bukhari” (Arabic)
2. “Bughiyat Al-Fuhul Sharh Risalah Usul Al-Fiqh Shah Ismaa’eel Shaheed” (Arabic)
3. “Tuhfat Al-Ikhwan” (Arabic)
4. “Al-Budur Al-Bazighah” (Arabic)1
5. “Masalah Eman” (Arabic)
6. “Sharh Mishkat Al-Masabih”2 (Arabic)
7. “Hawashi Sahih Bukhari” (Arabic)
8. “Amali Ala al-Bukhari” (Arabic)
9. “Zubdat Al-Bayan fi Tanqih Haqiqat Al-Eman wa Tahqiq Ziyadah wa Nuqsan” (Arabic)
10) “Dawam e Hadith”
11) “Tanqeed Al-Masail”
12) “Khatm e Nabuwwat”
13) “Mi’yar e Nabuwwat”
14) “Islam ki Pehli Kitab”
15) “Islam ki Dusri Kitab”
16) “Al-Islah” (vol1)
17) “Al-Islah” (vol2)
18) “Khayr Al-Kalam fi Wujub al-Fatihah Khalf Al-Imam”
19) “Ithbat at-Tawheed fi Ibtal at-Tathleeth”
20) “At-Tahqiq Ar-Rasikh”
21) “Salat Masnunah”
22) “Aik Islaam”
23) “Ihda e Thawab”
24) “Radd e Mawlood Murawwaj”
25) 24) “Tuhfat Al-Wa’izeen Manzoom” (Punjabi)
26) “Hanafi Ahl e Hadith”
27) “Sunnat Khayr Al-Anam Darsah Witr Ek Salam”
28) “Radd Husn al-Mawlid
A brief presentation of his famous books
Below is a brief presentation of Hazrat Al-‘Allam Muhadith Gondalwi’s 6 famous books:
“Khayr Al-Kalam fi Wujub al-Fatihah Khalf Al-Imam”: This book is written in answer to the book of a Taqleedi author. It is proven in this book, with evidences, that there is no prayer behind the Imam without reciting Surah Al-Fatihah. This book was published first in 1956 by School Book Depot Gujranwala.
“Tanqeed Al-Masail”: This book is in answer to some writings of Shaykh Sayyid Al-Mawdudi, for example, Al-Mawdudi said: “The Deen that I have brought, if anyone does not come to it, then he will die the death of a Jew or Christian”. Hafiz Gondalwi has done a very lengthy discussion on it. This book was published first from Lahore and the year of publication is not indicated.
“Ihda e Thawab”: In this book, the Shaikh has proven with evidences from the Quran and Ahadith that holding a celebration on the third, seventh, tenth or fortieth day after a person passes away (to send reward to him) is an innovation, and then has expanded on the permissible ways of benefitting the deceased. This book was published first from Lahore and the date is not indicated.
“Al-Islah”: This book is in two volumes and is written in refutation of an epistle of Molvi Muhammad Husayn Hanafi, named “Jawaz Faatihah Ala at-Ta’am”. It was published in 1959.
“Sunnat Khayr al-Anam Darsah Witr Ek Salam”: In this book, the number of Witr and sitting in Tashahhud after two Rak’ahs in the Witr prayer is discussed in details, and it established with authentic Ahadith that sitting for Tashahhud after 2 Rak’ah when praying 3 Rak’at of Witr is not correct. The date of its first publication is not indicated.
Hazrat Al-‘Allam Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi passed away on the 14th Ramadhan 1405/4th June 1985 in GunjranWala. Shaykh Muhammad Abdullah (rah) led his funeral prayer, and he was buried in the Kalan cemetery right next to Shaykh Al-Hadith Muhammad Isma’eel Salafi. We all belong to Allah and to Him we will return!
1 Tr: This book is a translation into Arabic of Shah Waliyullah Dehlwi’s work “Al-Budur Al-Bazighah” which was in Persian.
2 Tr: This Sharh only covers the chapter of Eman and chapter of knowledge.
Up to here was the translation from “40 Ahl e Hadith Scholars” of Shaykh AbdurRasheed Iraqee and the rest are additions from myself from other sources
Additions from other sources:
Shaykh ‘Abdur Rahamn Zia (Shaykh Al-Hadith of Jamiyah Shaykh Al-Islam ibn Taymiyah and student of Hafiz Gondalwi) said in his introduction of “Maqalat e Muhadith Gondalwi” that Shaykh Muhammad Riyaz ibn Muhammad Shareef As-Sialkoti, who is a student of Hafiz Gondalwi told him that he went to meet Shaykh Albani in Jordan and when Shaykh Muhammad Riyaz mentioned to Shaykh Albani that he was a student of Hafiz Gondalwi, Shaykh Albani said: “I have not seen under the sky anyone more knowledgeable than the Hafiz, the Muhadith Muhammad Gondalwi, he was an Imam in all fields, he was from the greatest scholars of the Indian sub-continent.”
Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi had two wives. From the first he had one son and one daughter and from the second he had two sons and four daughters, of which one of his daughters he married to Shaykh Ihsan Elahi Zaheer.
Shaykh Shahid Farooq Nagi mentioned in his book “Tazkirah Muhadith Gondalwi” the following praises of scholars for Hafiz Gondalwi:
Hafiz Ropuri said: “In our Jamaat, this individual is such an ocean of knowledge without shore, and he reached such high level in knowledge which is difficult for others to reach”
Shaikh Abu Sa’eed Sharfudin Dehlwi said: “He is far higher than us in knowledge and action. There is no scholar similar to his calibre in our Jamaat in Indopak (Indian subcontinent)”
Shaikh Ibrahim Mir Sialkoti said: “There is no one similar to him in knowledge and virtue in our Jamaat”
Shaikh Ismaeel Salafi said: “In my view, among the people of knowledge in Pakistan, there is no scholar or ocean of knowledge similar to him”
Greater list of students of Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi:
The names in this list are taken from “Tazkirah Hafiz Muhammad Gondlawi” of Shaykh Sahid Farooq Naagi
Among his students who learned from him Madrasah Nusrat Al-Islam Gondlawalah:
1) Shaykh Ataullah Haneef Bhujiyani
2) Hafiz Muhammad Abdullah Badheemalwi
3) Hafiz Muhammad Ishaq Husayn
4) Hafiz Muhammad Buthwi
5) Shaykh Ilmudin
6) Shaykh Muhammad Ilyas Nadwi
7) Shaykh Hakeem Muhammad Ibrahim
8) Shaykh AbdusSalam Kashmiri
9) Shaykh Qadir Bakhsh
10) Shaykh AbdusSatar Kashmiri
11) Hafiz Muhammad Yusuf
Among his students Daar Al-Hadith Rehmaniyah Delhi:
1) Shaykh Ubaydullah Mubarakpuri
2) Shaykh Nazeer Ahmad Rehmani
3) Shaykh FazlRahman Kaleem Kashmiri
4) Shaykh Waliyullah Bagiowal
5) Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Rehmani
Among his students Jamiyah Darussalam Umerabad:
1) Shaykh AbdusSubhan A’zami
2) Shaykh Atatullah Umri Salafi
3) Shaykh Muhammad Yusuf Kokan Umri
4) Shaykh AbdulGhani Sayf Umri
From Jamiyah Ta’leem Islam Odhanwala:
1) Shaykh Muhammad Sadiq Khaleel (author and translator of many books, books of Shaykh Albani)
2) Shaykh AbdulQadir Nadwi
3) Shaykh Muhammad Siddiq A’zami
4) Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Cheemah (founder of Dar Al-Ulum Al-Athariyah Faisalabad)
5) Shaykh Muhammad Ya’qoob Malhawi
6) Shaykh AbdusSamad Raoof
From Masjid Mistri Ilmudin Gujranwala
1) Shaykh Abul Barakat Ahmad Madrasi
2) Hafiz Muhammad Yahya Sharqpuri
3) Hafiz Muhammad Yahya Aziz Mir Muhammadi
4) Hafiz AbdulGahfoor Jehlumi: founder of Dar Al-Ulum Athariyah Jehlum.
5) Shaykh Muhammad Ali Muslim Cheemah
6) Hafiz HafeezAr-Rahman Lakhvi
7) Shaykh Muhammad Ali Husayn
8) Hafiz Shafeeq Ar-Rahman Lakhvi
9) Shaykh Ubaydullah Qasoori
10) Sayid Mazhar Abbas Shah (Bangladesh)
11) Shaykh Muhammad Sadiq
12) Hafiz AtaurRahman
13) Shaykh Muhammad Shafeeq
14) Hafiz Muhammad Mukhtar
15) Shaykh Muhammad Isma’eel
16) Shaykh Muhammad Abbas (Madras)
From Jamiyah Islamiyah Gujranwala:
1) Shaykh Irshadul Haq Athari
2) Shaykh Muhammad A’zam
3) Hafiz Muhammad Ilyas Athari
4) Qari Muhammad Idris Aasim
5) Shaykh Muhammad Basheer Sialkoti (translator into Arabic of “Izalah al-Khifa” of Shah Waliyullah Dehlwi)
6) Shaykh Basheer Ahmad Nu’mani (founder of Nomani Kutub Khanah, one of biggest publisher of Ahl e Hadith books in Pakistan)
7) Shaykh Thanaullah Sialkoti (UK, former president of MArkazi Jamiat Ahl e Hadith UK, he introduced first volume of Tahreek Khatme Nubuwat published by Idarah Sirate Mustaqeem, also published epistles of Shaykh Mahmood Ahmad Mirpuri)
8) Shaykh Hafeez Ar-Rahman Lakhvi
9) Hafiz Sayf Ar-Rahman Al-Falah
10) Shaykh Muhammad Siddiq
11) Qari Muhammad Tayib Buthvi
12) Shaykh AbdurRasheed Rashid Hazarwi
13) Hafiz Fath Muhammad Fathy
14) Sayid AbduShakoor Shah Athari
15) Shaykh AbdusSattar Haneef
16) Shaykh AbdulAziz Alawi.
17) Shaykh AtaturRahman Ashraf
18) Shaykh AbdurRahman Ateeq
19) Shaykh AbdulAzeez (Jhok Dadho)
20) Shaykh Muhammad Umar Farooqi
21) Shaykh Mahmood Ahmad Mirpuri: He made Markazi Jamiat Ahl e Hadith UK reached its peak, chief editor monthly “Sirate Mustaqeem”, Secretary Islamic Shariat Council UK, former secretary general Markazi Jamiat Ahl e Hadith Birmingham UK
22) Professor Muhammad Mubarak
23) Shaykh Muneer Ahmad Shakir
24) Professor Qadhi Maqbool Ahmad
25) Qari Muhammad Yahya Bhujiyani
26) Shaykh AbdulKabeer Alawi
27) Sayid Karam Shah Gaylani
28) Qari Sayfullah Aadil
29) Hakeem Mahmood ibn Shaykh Ismaeel Salafi
30) Shaykh Muneer Ahmad Salafi
Among students from Jamiyah Salafiyah Faislabad
1) Sayid Abu Bakr Ghaznawi
2) Allamah Ehsan Ilahi Zaheer
3) Shaykh Farooq Ahmad Rashidi
4) Qari Muhammad Ismail Asad.
5) Shaykh Hakeem Muhammad Idrees Farooqi.
6) Hakeem Muhammad Idris Khadim
7) Shaykh Shahbaz Ahmad Salafi.
8) Shaykh Muhammad Idris Ateeq.
9) Hafiz Muhammad Binyamin Toor
10) Hafiz AbdusSalam ibn Muhammad Bhutwi
11) Shaykh Muhammad Ali Janbhaz: Author of Injaz al-Hajah,Sharh on Sunnan Ibn Majah in Arabic and many other books.
12) Shaykh AbdurRahseed Otarwi
13) Hafiz Muhammad Haneef.
14) Shaykh Radhiullah Badheemalwi
15) Shaykh Muhamad Rafeeq Salafi.
16) Shaykh Muhammad Sidiq Al-Hasan.
17) Shaykh AbdulKhaliq Quddusi (Founder of Maktabah Quddusia and close friend of Allamah Ehsan)
18) Shaykh Ali Muhammad Haneef.
19) Mufti Ubaydullah Khan Afeef (great scholar, Ameer of Jamiat Ahl e Hadith Pakistan)
20) Shaykh Azeez Ar-Rahman Lakhvi.
21) Shaykh AbdulHakeem Sayf.
22) Shaykh AbdulQayum Salafi.
23) Sufi Muhammad Akbar.
24) Professor Ghulam Ahmad Hariri: translator of many books of Shaykhul Islami ibn Taymiyah, Muhalla ibn Hazm and many others.
25) Professor Ghulam Nabi Aarif.
26) Shaykh Qudratullah Fawq.
27) Shaykh KaramDin Salafi Fayrozpuri
28) Shaykh Mahmood Ahmad Ghazanfar: author of many books.
29) Shaykh Muhammad Husayn Kaleem.
30) Shaykh Nusratullah Bhutwi.
31) Shaykh Muhammad Yusuf Al-Kazim.
Among students from Jamiyah Shar’iyah Madeneatul Ilm Gujranwala:
1) Hafiz AbdulMannan Nurpuri
2) Shaykh Muhammad Dawood Sayf.
3) Shaykh Muhammad Yusuf Dhiya
4) Shaykh Muhammad Madni (son of Shaykh AbdulGahfoor Jehlumi, president of Jamiyah Ulum Athariyah Jehlum)
5) Sufi Nazeer Ahmad Shakir Bhalrawi.
His students from Madeenah University:
1) Dr Suhaib Hasan (UK)
2) Dr Asim Qariyuti
3) Shaykh Muhammad Majzoob Mustafa.
4) Shaykh Muhammad Ibrahim Shaqrah.
5) Shaykh Atiyah Muhammad Saalim.
6) Shaykh Shaybah Al-Hamd.
7) Shaykh Umar Fullatah.
Among his students from Jamiyah Muhammadiyah Gujranwala:
1) Shaykh Muhammad Isma’eel Salafi.
2) Shaykh Muhammad Abdullah.
3) Shaykh Mueenudin Lakhvi (member national assembly, former member Majlis Shura, former Ameer Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadith Pakistan)
4) Shaykh Muhiydin Lakhvi (father of Dr Hammad Lakhvi)
5) Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Bhatti: Great Ahl e Hadith historian.
6) Shaykh Muhammad Khalid Gharjakhi: author of many books, completed “Miraatul Mafatih”
7) Shaykh Muhamamd Siddiq
8) Hafiz Muhammad Idris Badheemalwi
9) Shaykh Thanaullah Hushiyari
10) Shaykh Muhammad Dawood
11) Shaykh Rahmatullah Rashid.
12) Shaykh Muhammad Rafeeq Bulbustani.
13) Shaykh Shamsul Haq Multani
14) Shaykh Shamsudin Afghani: President of Jamiyah Athariyah Peshawar, author of many books
15) Shaykh Ahmadullah.
16) Shaykh AbduTawab Thaqib Toor.
17) Shaykh Muhammad Aarif
18) Dr Fazl Ilahi: Younger brother of Allamah Ihsan Elahi Zaheer, author of many books, professor Riyadh university and Islamabad international university
19) Hafiz AbdulAleem Alawi
20) Shaykh Farooq Asghar Saarim.
21) Shaykh Mahmood Ahmad Sialkoti
22) Peer Muhammad Ya’qoob Qureshi
23) Shaykh Ataullah Sajid
24) Shaykh Fareed Ahmad
25) Hafiz Muhammad Zakariyah ibn Mian Muhammad Baqir.
26) Shaykh Niyazullah Khan
27) Shaykh Muhammad Afzal
28) Hafiz Abdullah.
29) Shaykh Salahdin Urf Molvi Turki.
30) Shaykh AbdurRahman Lakhvi, son of Shaykh Atatullah Lakhvi.
31) Shaykh Muhammad Dawood Arshad.
32) Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad.
33) Shaykh Muhammad Ameen.
34) Shaykh Muhammad Jameel AbdusSatar.
35) Hafiz AbdulGhaffar Ropuri (in charge of Jamiyah Quds of Hafiz Abdullah Ropuri)
36) Shaykh Muhammad Abduh Al-Falah.
His recently published books
- Irshad Al-Qari ila Naqdh Faydh Al-Bari: This Arabic book in 4 volumes contains the notes of Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi criticising Faydh Al-Bari of Shaykh Anwar Shah Kashmiri. Hafiz Abdul Mannan Nurpuri added some further notes to the notes of his teacher Hafiz Muhammad Gondlawi. This great work was not completed as Hafiz AbdulMannan Nurpuri passed away while writing the 5th volume. The remaining notes of Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi on the manuscript of “Faydh Al-Bari” are still present and can be published.
- Umm-ul-Qura Publications published in 3 volumes the Arabic Rasail of Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi, which contain some of his works in Arabic and others in Urdu such as Tanqeed Al-Masail, Ihda Ath-Thawaab, Khatme Nubuwwat an others were translated from Urdu to Arabic.
- Maktabah Quddusiyah published “Minhatul Bari” which is the Urdu Sharh of Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi that Shaykh Ramzan Salafi wrote in his lessons from Hafiz Muhamad Gondalwi, and Shaykh Ramzan Salafi added some notes to the explanation of his teacher. 12 volumes have been published at the moment with more to come insha Allah
- Umm-ul-Qura Publications published “Sharh Hadith Hiraql”, an Urdu book containing the explanation of the Hadith of Heraclius from the lessons of Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi, and with this book was published the explanation transcribed from many sermons of Shaykh Abdullah Nasir Rehmani on this Hadith.
- Maktabah Quddusiyah also had published before “Dars Sahih Bukhari” of Hafiz Muhammad Gondlawi, which are the introduction to Sahih Bukhari and the explanation of the first Ahadith written by his student Muneer Ahmad Salafi. Only one volume was published.