Biography of Shaykh Muhammad Tanzeel Siddiqi
Biography of Shaykh Muhammad Tanzeel Siddiqi Husayni
Shaykh Muhammad Tanzeel Siddiqi is from the descendant of Allamah Shamsul Haq Azeemabadi (author of “Awn Al-Ma’bood Sharh Sunnan Abi Dawood”. His lineage is Tanzeel ibn Muhammad Ahsanullah ibn Hafiz Muhammad Ayub ibn Shamsul Haq Azeembadi.
Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi was born on the 22 November 1979. He learned from Muhammad Ahsanullah Dyianwi Azeemabadi, Shaykh Abu AbdulMajeed Muhammad Husayn Baltistani and he obtained Ijaza from Shaykh Muhammad Rafeeq Athari.
Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi is currently the director of the magazine “Waqiah” Karachi.
1) “Bar Sagheer Pak wa Hind ke Chand Tarikhi Haqaiq”, which contains the writings of Shaykh Ahsanullah Diyanwi Azeemabadi andf Shaykh Muhammad Tanzeel Siddiqi (Markaz Sunnah Leicester, 272 pages)
2) “Islam or Asr Jadeed”
3) “Bayt Al-Maqdis kis ka Haqq he” (Islah Al-Muslimin Publications Karachi)
4) “Allah ki Talash mein” (Islah Al-Muslimin Publications Karachi)
5) “Molana Muhammad Junagarhi” (47 pages, Maktabah Quddusia)
6) “Molana Shah Ayn Al-Haq Phalwarwi, Ahwal wa Athar”
7) “Ashab Ilm wa Fadl” (269 pages, Islah Al-Muslimin Publications Karachi)
8) “Hum Quran Kareem ka Muta’alah Kiun Karen?”
9) “Dabistan Nazeeriyah” 2 vol, more being prepared
10) “Bare Sagheer mein Ashabul Hadith”
The books he compiled and published:
11) “Imam ibn Taymiyah” of Allamah Shibli Numani and Shaykh Altaf Husayn Hali
12) “Umm Al-Muminin Saydah Maria Qatbia” of Shaykh Hasan Mathna Nadwi
13) “Athar Qadam Rasool ki Tarikhi wa Shar’I Haythiyat” of Sayid Nazeer Husayn Dehlwi
14) Additions to the book “Awaliyat Ahl e Hadith” of Shaykh Ishaq Bhatti, published by Dar Abi Tayab
Unpublished books or under preparation
14) A biography of Mian Nazeer Husayn Dehlwi, which Shaykh Tanzeel will also summarise in English
15) “Makateeb Nazeeriyah”: Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi compiled the letters of Mian Nazeer Husayn Dehlwi.
Among his books introduced:
1) “Ghaznawi Khandan” (159 pages) of Shaykh AbdurRasheed Iraqee, which was published by “Imam Shamsul Haqq Diyanwi Publication Karachi”
2) “Taqleed or Amal bil Hadith” of Nawab Muhsin Al-Mulk Molvi Sayid Mahdi Ali Khan Bihari, which was introduced by Shaykh Dr Muqtada Hasan Azhari and Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi’s biography of the author is present at the beginning. This book of 144 pages is published by “Maktabah Sunnah Ad-Dar As-Salafiyah li Nashr At-Turath Al-Islami”
3) “Difa Sahih Bukhari” of Shaykh Abul Qasim Sayf Banarsi. The book has been introduced by Shaykh Irshad Al-Haqq Athari and Shaykh Ozair Shams. Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi wrote the biography of the author at the beginning of this book.
4) “The reality of ibn Arabi” (English, Umm-ul-Qura Publications): This book was introduced by Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi alongside Shaykh Nabeel Nisar Sheikh and Dr Muhammad Zubair Taymi. Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi in his introduction gave the history of the creed of Wahdatul Wujud in India.
Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi also read the book “The efforts of the Ahl e Hadith in service of the Quran” (English, Umm-ul-Qura Publications) and corrected some matters in it.
A brief presentation of “Dabistan Nazeeriyah”:
After the death of Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Bhatti, “Jamiyah Ihya Turath Kuwait” employed Shaykh Muhammad Tanzeel Siddiqi Husayni to write books on the history of Ahl e Hadith. Shaykh Muhammad Tanzeel Siddiq has since long started his work on compiling the biographies of the students of Mian Nazeer Husayn Dehlwi and these biographies have been compiled in the book “Dabistan Nazeeriyah”.
The first volume has 732 pages and 89 biographies and the second volume 717 pages and 59 biographies. Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi also included Mian Nazeer Husayn Dehlwi’s Hanafi students from different schools of thoughts.
Shaikh Muhammad Tanzeel Siddiqi wrote: “There was a time in the Indian subcontinent when Ilmi characters were preponderant over Maslaki zeal. Despite differences of Maslak the people would respect the people of knowledge of other schools of thoughts and would benefit from them without hesitation. An excellent example of such Ilmi tolerance can be seen in the Darsgah (teaching circle) of Mian Nazeer Husayn Muhadith Dehlwi, in which people of knowledge and virtue of all level of society and students of every orientations would attend. Thus among the famous scholars who came out of his Darsgah, among these great scholars, there is a number which did not share his Fikr and view. A glimpse is given below
Among people of Tasawwuf: Shah Muhammad Sulayman Phalwarei, Peer Mehar Ali Shah Golrawi, Molana Shah Muhammad Husayn Ilahabadi, Molana Shah Abdul Aziz MajraAbadi.
Among Ahnaf of Brelwi school: Molana Asghar Ali Roohi, Molana Sayid Yunus Ali Badayuni, Molana Muhammad Shah Punjabi, Molana Ghulam Ahmad Lahori, Molana HafeezurRahman Lateefi Purenwei.
Amond Deoband school of thought: Molana Hakeem Waheedul Haq Isthanwi, Molana Ubaydullah Sindhi, Molana Muhammad Sahul Bagalpuri, Molana Shah Muhammad Sariyanwi Mubarakpuri.
Among Ahnaaf who were not attached to any school of thoughts: Molana AbdulHaq Haqani Dehlwi, Molana Hakeem AbdulHai Hasani, Shamsul Ullama Molana AbdulWahab Bihari, Molana Haydar Hasan Khan Tonki, Molana Aal Hasan Nakhshabi Amrohi, Molana AbdurRab Waaiz Dehlwi.
These are some examples, and likewise there are many examples present of great scholars of Ahl e Hadith benefitting from people of knowledge of every school of thoughts.” End of sh Tanzeel’s quote.
Shaykh Tanzeel Siddiqi participated in 4 international and national conferences and the details of them will follow soon Insha Allah.