Biography of Shaykh Ali Husayn Salafi
Biography of Shaykh Ali Husayn Salafi
He is Shaykh Abu Jameelah Ali Husayn ibn Ali Jaan ibn Aalim Mian ibn Bojan Mian Al-Kashifi As-Salafi, the Shaykh of Hadith, Fiqh and Fatwa of Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris India, one of the greatest scholars of Hadith, Fiqh and Arabic grammar in India. His attribution Kashifi is due to studying in the Madrasah “Kashif Al-Ulum” Delhi and Salafi due to him studying in Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris.
He was born in his familial village “Bara Sar Shah” in area of Pakor in province of JaharKhand on 23 January 1952. He grew up in his village where he started his studies at the age of 9 and completed them at the age of 15 in the village Raaj Gaon BerBhom in Bengal. Afterwards he learned primary Arabic knowledge in a Madrasah nearby called “Madrasah Dar Al-Ulum Diotlah” in Pakor and he studied 3 years there books such as Sharh Jami, Sharh Kafiyah and Mishkat.
In 1972, he went to the Madrasah Kashif Al-Ulum in Delhi and graduated from it in 1976.
He went afterwards to the fortress of knowledge “Jamiyah Salafiyah” Banaris and joined in 1976 and studied there for 5 years and graduated in 1981.
He became afterwards teacher in Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris in 1981 and spent all his life teaching there.
We count among his teachers:
- Shaykh Alaudin, a teacher in his primary studies in Raaj Gaon
- Shaykh AbdulMannan, Raaj Gaon
- Shaykh AbdurRahman Diotli in the village of Diotlah
- Shaykh Nazeer Husayn Adhoparwi in Diotlah
- Shaykh Ubaydullah Baliyawi in Kashif Al-Ulum
- Shaykh Izhar Al-Haqq Kandhelwi in Kashif Al-Ulum
- Shaykh Muhammad Ilyas Bara Bankwi in Kashif Al-Ulum
- Shaykh Shabeer Ahmad Nahwi in Kashif Al-Ulum
- Shaykhul Hadith Shamsul Haqq Salafi (Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris)
- Shaykh Muhammad Rais Ahrar Nadwi (Banaris)
- Shaykh Muhammadf Idreees Azad Rehmani (Banaris)
- Shaykh Muqtada Hasan Azhari (Banaris)
- Shaykh AbdusSalam Madni (Banaris)
- Shaykh AbdulWaheed Rehmani (Banaris)
- Shaykh AbdulMu’eed Banarsi (Banaris)
We count among his class fellows: Dr Ibrahim Madni, Shaykh Tayib Madni, Dr Ishaq Madni, Shaykh Ihsanullah Salafi.
Among his famous students:
- Dr AbdulHaleem Madni
- Shaykh AbdusSabur Madni
- Dr Hashrudin Madni
- Dr Fawzan Azhari
- Shaykh AbdulHakeem AbdulMa’bood Madni
- Shaykh AbdulMateen Madni
- Shaykh Mahfuz Ar-Rahman Salafi
- Shaykh Hilal Ahmad Nepali
- Shaykh Nur Al-Huda
- Dr Rehmatullah Salafi
- Shaykh AbdusSalam Shakeel Madni
- Shaykh AbdulJabbar In’amullah Salafi
- Shaykh Asif Iqbal Madni
The Shaykh was a noble scholar, he taught many books among which Sahih Al-Bukhari. He was distinguished by his humility, with a soft heart, compassionate towards his students, an excellent Murabbi and teacher.
- Tahqiq and Ta’liq on “Fath Al-Mugith bi Sharh Al-Fiyah Al-Hadith” of Hafiz Sakhawi in 5 volumes. This work is very popular among scholars.
- “Allamah Nawab Siddiq Hasan Khan Bhopali Hayatuhu wa Atharuhu” (Arabic, not published yet)
- He translated in Arabic the book “Naqdh Al-Mantiq” of Shaykh Abul Aas Al-Waheedi
- He translated in Arabic “Inayah Ullama Ahlul Hadith bi Maalah Tawheed” which was the Urdu introduction of Hidayatul Mustafid, the Urdu translation of “Fath Al-Majeed”.
- He translated in Urdu the book “I’jaz Al-Quran” of Shaykh Mujeeb Ar-Rahman Bengladeshi, which was originally in Bengali.
- He verified with Shaykh AbdulWahab Hijazi the book “Jaizah Ahwazi fi Ta’liqat ala Sunnan Tirmizi” of Hafiz Thanaullah Madni
- Risalah Raful Yadayn
- Risalah Ameen bil Jahr
- Risalah Namaz Janazah
- Manhaj Salaf
- Allah Arsh par Mustawi ha Arsh or Farsh par dono (refutation of a Hanafi Maturidi scholar rejecting Istiwa)
- Sood Islam ki Nazar mein
- The Shaykh has many Fatawa and articles on Fiqh and Hadith in the magazine of the Jamiyah and others.
The Shaykh passed away on Thursday 25 July 2020.
Based on writings of Shaykh Hilal Nepali and Shaykh AbdulHakeem AbdulMa’bood Madni