Biography of Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad
Biography of Shaykh Hafiz AbduSattar Hammad
Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad comes from a very poor family. His grandfather Jan Muhammad was living in the village “Bhoparam” in the suburb of the city “Pati” in the area of Amritsar, Western Punjab. Jan Muhammad was a manual worker and would always be in debt and he lost his house as he could not repay his debt to a Hindu. Shaykh AbdusSattar’s father Mehtab Din was also a manual worker and very poor, he used to live with his brother and wife in a farm in a room next to buffalos. Mehtab Din moved to “Pati” and a Christian lady gave him a house to stay. Upon the advice of this Christian lady, Mehtab Din, with doing labour work, started to pray and read the Quran and soon after he joined circles of scholars and became attached to Shaykh Muhammad Sharif Garyalwi. Becoming very religious, Mehtab Din decided that he would teach his children religious knowledge.
Before the partition, Mehtab Din moved to Okara in the suburb of “Bar” as there was a lot of work there, while his wife and brothers remained in “Pati”. After some time, he managed to buy a small land a build a house in “Pati” in the area of Muminabad but partition occurred at this time so he had to move to Pakistan in Mian Channu and then he took his residence in Chak N 129-15-L
Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad was born on the 16 April 1952 in Chak N 129-15-L and he became a worldly renowned and respected scholar, showing how Allah changed the poverty of this family to a great honour and respect.
There was no school in this village so his father sent him to Mian Channu in MC Primary School. After completing primary school, his father made him join “Jamiyah Sa’eediyah”, the Madrasah established by Shaykh Ali Muhammad Sa’eedi. Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad learned the book “Tarteel Al-Quran” from Hafiz Muhammad Yahya Mir Muhammadi and afterwards learned the Quran. His first teacher in the Madrasah was Hafiz AbdusSattar, the elder brother of Hafiz AbdurRasheed Azhar.
Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad had so much love for knowledge that instead of returning home during annual holidays he started to memorise the Quran from his teacher and instead of studying books of Dars Nizami the next year, he completed the memorisation of the Quran in a year and a half.
The branch of Dars Nizami of Jamiyah Sa’eediyah moved from Chak N 7-8-AR to Khanewal, so after memorising the Quran, Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad moved to Khanweal in 1965. There he studied “Mishkat Al-Masabih” and other books from Shaykh Muhammad Dawood. The building in Khanewal was still under completion and at the time Shaykh AbdurRasheed Azhar was also studying there.
During holidays Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad went to Madrasah Dar al-Huda in Chak N 136-15 L to benefit from Shaykh Muhammad Yahya Ferozpuri, who was an expert in Arabic grammar and morphology as he was among the foremost students of Shaykh Ata’ullah Lakhvi.
As his father Mehtab Din became Muazin in Jami Masjid Ahl e Hadith in Mian Channu and Shaykh AbdulQadir Haleem Zervi who was Imam there started a Madrasah, he told his son Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad to join this Madrasah, hence Shaykh AbduSattar went there in 1969. Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad learned “Sunnan Nasa’I” and “Sunnan ibn Majah” from Shaykh AbdulQadir Haleem Zervi, and daily he would go by foot to Chak 126-15-L to learn “Al-Fiyah ibn Malik” in Arabic grammar from Shaykh Muhammad Yahya Ferozpuri. Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad with learning would also help his father in the service of the Masjid.
His studies in Dar Al-Hadith Muhammadiyah Jalalpur Peerwala
Afterwards his teacher Shaykh AbdulQadir Haleem Zervi and his former teacher Shaykh Ali Muhammad Sa’eedi advised him to go to Jalalpur Peerwala and benefit from Shaykh Sultan Mahmood Jalalpuri. Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad learned “Jami Tirmidhi” and “Sahih Bukhari” from Shaykh Sultan Mahmood Jalalpuri and obtained Ijaza on 4th April 1971.
His studies in Jamiyah Salafiyah Faisalabad
After completing his studies of Dars Nizami, Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad became teacher in Jami Masjid Ahl e Hadith in Khanewal. He passed after Fadhil Persian in Multan so he could become teacher in government schools. He registered in Teacher Training College in 1974 in Bahawalpur to do OT but due to the movement against Qadianism, schools and colleges were closed. So Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad decided to join Jamiyah Salafiyah Faisalabad were his teacher Shaykh Sultan Mahmood Jalalpuri was teaching for a year. When colleges opened in Bahawalpur, Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad gave exams of OT and returned to Faisalabad were he studied the rest of the year. At the time, the first 4 students of Jamiyah Salafiyah Faisalabad were automatically admitted to Madinah University and Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad finished first at annual exams, hence he was accepted to Madinah University.
His studies in Madinah University
In 1976, Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad went to Madinah University with Shaykh Muhammad Dawood Faheem and Shaykh AbdulGhaffar Awan who were his close friends and who finished second and third in Jamiyah Salafiyah Faisalabad. Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad and Shaykh AbdulGhaffar Awan were first accepted in Kulliyah Shari’ah but as they both had memorised the Quran, Shaykh AbdulMuhsin Abbad called them to his office and told them to go to Kulliyah Al-Quran, they tried to insist they preferred Kulliyah Shari’ah but they were informed they had no choice, hence they accepted and graduated from Kulliyah Al-Quran in 1980. Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad also benefited in Madinah from circles of Shaykh Albani and Shaykh Muhammad ibn Hammad Ansari.
Also during his studies in Madinah Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad would translate the sermons of Masjid Nabawwi to Urdu and send them to be printed in the weekly magazine “Ahl e Hadith”. He also translated many epistles of Shaykh ibn Baz at this time.
After graduating from Madinah University, Shaykh AbduSattar Hammad was appointed by Idarah Al-Buhuth Al-Ilmiyah Riyadh to teach in Pakistan. He was appointed first to teach in Jamiyah Islamiyah (Band Rd Lahore) were he taught for 2 years and he became Imam and Khateeb in Masjid Al-Huda Samnabad.
Afterwards Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad was appointed to teach in Jamiyah Aziziyah Sahiwal and afterwards in Madrasah Arabiyah Anwariyah in Tahir Wali (in the area of Raheem Yaar Khan) which was a Deobandi Madrasah and hence there were many issues raised. Some of the students of this Hanafi Madrasah through the teaching of Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad became Ahl e Hadith and joined afterwards Ahl e Hadith Madaris. Also the teacher Hafiz Shabeer Ahmad who was residing with Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad also started to oppose Taqleed. Hafiz AbdusSattar Hammad taught in Madrasah Arabiyah Anwariyah from 26 October 1982 to 20 July 1984 and his teaching had a good effect on the students there.
Afterwards Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad taught for 6 months in Madrasah Qasim Al-Uloom Multan, and he replaced Shaykh Fadl Ar-Rahman who left teaching for politics at this time, and Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad taught there “Maqamat Hariri”, “Durus Al-Balaghah” and “Nafahatul ‘Arab”
On 27 November 1984, Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad became Arabic teacher in Government High School Mian Channu and he taught there for 5 years. During this time, he did his MA Islamiyat from Punjab University and MA Arabic from Baha Din Zakariya University Multan with first position.
On 12 June 1988, Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad was appointed to teach in Jamiyah Salafiyah Faislabad and he taught there for 4 years. With teaching, he was also given the charge Ifta and was appointed director of the magazine “Tarjuman Al-Hadith”. He taught there the translation of the Quran, Fiqh, Arabic grammar and morphology, Usul Hadith, Takhrij and other subjects.
Afterwards, Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad was appointed to teach in Jamiyah Ta’leem Al-Islam in Mamun Kanjin where he taught for a year “Jami’ Tirmidhi”, “Aqidah At-Tahawiyah” and “Hujjatullah Al-Balighah”
Afterwards he taught in Jamiyah Isha’at Al-Uloom in Chichah Watni, a little time in Dar Al-Hadith Muhammadiyah Multan and then again in Jamiyah Isha’at Al-Uloom where he taught the following books: “Sahih Al-Bukhari”, “Al-Fawz Al-Kabeer”, “Musatalah Al-Hadith”, “Hidayah An-Nahow” and “Nafahatul ‘Arab”.
His famous students:
Shaykh Syed Dhiyaullah Shah Bukhari (Sahiwal)
Shaykh Sayfullah Khalid (Dar Al-Andalus Lahore)
Hafiz Shabeer Ahmad (Umm ul-Qura Makkah)
Hafiz Muhammad Nazeer (Dhera Ghazi Khan)
Hafiz AbdulMajid (Dhera Ghazi Khan)
Hafiz Muhammad Ayub (Shaykh Al-Hadith Madrasah Ta’lim Al-Quran Hyderabad)
Professor Atiq Ar-Rahman (Nottingham UK)
Shaykh Muhammad Sa’d Makki (Teacher Haram Makki)
Hafiz AbdulGhaffar (Khateeb Masjid Al-Firdaws Mian Channu)
Shaykh Muhammad Umar Yemeni (Teacher Madrasah Isha’at At-Tawhid Yemen)
Shaykh Muhammad Abdullah Yemeni (Teacher Madrasah Isha’at At-Tawhid Yemen)
Shaykh Muhammad Haroon Sudani (Teacher Madrasah Islamiyah Sudan)
Shaykh Muhammad Sarwar Asim (Maktabah Islamiyah Faisalabad Lahore)
Qari Rafeeq Ar-Rahman (Quba Islamic Academy Sargodha)
Shaykh AbdulLateef (Madrasah Al-Badr Al-Islamiyah Bahawalpur)
Qari Muhammad Ayoob (Jamiyah Khatm e Nubuwwat Chennot)
His Ta’liq on Arabic books:
Ta’liq on “Al-Mustafad min Muhimat Al-Matn wal Isnad” of Allamah Waliyudin Abu Zur’ah Ahmad ibn AbdurRaheem Misri
His Urdu books authored:
1) “Hidayatul Qari Sharh Sahih Bukhari”: Urdu translation and explanation of Sahih Al-Bukhari in 10 volumes published by Darussalam.
Some chapters of Sahih Al-Bukhari were also published separately with Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad’s explanation such as “Kitab Ar-Riqaq” and “Kitab Tawhid” published by Maktabah Islamiyah and “Kitab I’tisam bil Kitab wa Sunnah” and “Kitab Al-Buyu’” published by Markaz Ad-Dirasat Al-Islamiyah Mian Channu.
2) “Fatawa Ashabil Hadith”: Fatawa of Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad in 6 volumes published by Maktabah Islamiyah
3) “Hujjiyat Hadith”: on the authority of the Hadith, published by Darussalam in 104 pages. This book has recently been translated in Arabic by Shaykh Salahdin Maqbool Ahmad and is published.
4) “Masalah Iman wa Kufr”: 256 published by Maktabah Islamiyah on faith and disbelief.
5) “Mu’ashere ke Muhlik Gunah”: 176 pages on major sins in society published by Maktabah Islamiyah
6) “Anwar Hadith”: 119 pages book published by Maktabah Islamiyah, a collection of 100 Ahadith with small benefits.
7) “La’nat ka Mustahiq Tehrane Wale Chalis Amal”: A 61 pages book on 40 actions which bring curse, published by Maktabah Islamiyah
8) “GT Fund ki Shar’i Haythiyat”: The religious status of GT Fund, a 16 pages epistle published by Maktabah Islamiyah
9) “Qurani Qa’idah”: 32 pages book on rules on how to read the Quran, published by Markaz Ad-Dirasat Al-Islamiyah Mian Channu
His translated books:
1) “Mukhtasar Sahih Bukhari”: Urdu translation of “At-Tajrid As-Sarih li Ahadith Al-Jami As-Sahih” which was the summary of Allamah Zaynudin Zubaydi of “Sahih Al-Bukhari”. With the translation, Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad added some benefits and it was published in 2 volumes by Darussalam with the verification of Shaykh Abdul Aziz Alawi.
2) Translation of 18 epistles of Shaykh ibn Baz: “Ghayrullah se Faryad or Islam”, “Bid’at wa Rusum or Islam”, “Fitnah Inkar Hadith or Islam”, “Fazilat Jihad or Islam”, “Taswir Kashi or Islam”, “Da’wat wa Tabligh or Islam”, “Mah Ramadhan or Islam”, “Jashan Milad or Islam”, “Faridhah Zakat or Islam”, “Ek Jhoota Wasiyah Namah”, “Pardah or Islam”, “Namus Awrat or Islam”, “Qawm Yahood or Islam”, “Shaykh Muhammad ibn AbdilWahab or Un ki Da’wat”, “Nusrat Izdi or Islam”, “Ahmiyat Namaz or Islam”, “Tariqah Namaz Nabawi”, “Rahnamae Hajj wa Umrah”. These translations were published in KSA and also in Pakistan by Markaz Ad-Dirasat Al-Islamiyah
3) Translation of 2 epistles of Shaykh Abdullah ibn Humayd: “Pand Nasihat” and “Nizam Ishtirakiyat or Islam”
4) Translation of Shaykh Abdurrahman ibn Nasir Sa’di’s epistle: “Tombaco Noshi ka Shar’i Hukm”
5) Translation of Shaykh ibn Utheymeen book “Aqidah Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah”
6) Translation of Shaykh Muhammad Jameel Zeno’s epistle “Islah Aqidah”
7) “Ainah Jamal Nubuwat”: translation of book of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn Abdillah Hazimi about the description of the Prophet (saw), Hafiz Zubair Ali Zai did Takhrij of the Ahadith of this translation and it was published by Darussalam.
8) “Tashil Muqaddimah ibn Salah Suwalan wa Jawaban”: Translation of Muqaddimah ibn Salah in the form of questions and answers for students of knowledge.
9) “Qiyam Ramadhan or Ahkam Siyam wa Eedayn”: Translation of Shaykh Albani’s book
Verification of books:
1) “Islami Qanun Wirasat”: This book on laws of inheritance was authored by Shaykh Abu Nu’man Basheer, verified by Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad
2) “Tafsir Quran ke Usul wa Qawaid” of Shaykh Ubaid Ar-Rahman Mushin, published by Maktabah Islamiyah, verified by Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad
3) Rehnuma e Hajj o Umrah of Abu Muhammad Abdullah, published by Maktabah Islamiyah.
Verification of translations (Nazar Thani):
1) “Kitab Al-Jihad” of Abdullah ibn Mubarak, translated in Urdu by Shaykh Abu Sa’eed Abdul Hannan.
2) “Fiqh As-Sunnah” of Sayid Sabiq translated by Dr Abdulkabeer Muhsin and published by Maktabah Islamiyah.
3) “Musnad Ash-Shihab” translated by Shaykh Muhammad Arshad Kamal and published by Maktabah Islamiyah.
4) “Sunnan ibn Majah” translated by Shaykh Sa’eed Mujtaba Sa’eedi, published by Maktabah Islamiyah.
5) “Sahih Bukhari” translated and Sharh by Shaykh Dawood Raaz Dehlwi, published by Maktabah Islamiyah.
6) “Mishkat Al-Masabih” translated by Abu Anas Muhammad Suroor Gohar.
With his books, Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad authored many articles in different magazines such as:
1) A 21 parts article on “Ismat Anbiya” in the magazine “Tarjuman Al-Hadith”
2) A 7 parts article on “Muzara’at ke Jawaz mein” in the magazine « Sahifah Ahl e Hadith » Karachi
3) A 8 part articles in the Magazine Ahl e Hadith in 1986 entitled “Hawashi Farahi par Ek Nazar”, in refutation of the notes of Shaykh Hameedudin Farahi on “Al-Itqan” of Hafiz Suyuti
4) A 4 parts article on “Eman and Aqidah” in the magazine “Shahadat” Islamabad.
And many other articles in “Al-I’tisam”, “Ta’lim Al-Islam”, “Umm Al-Qura” and others.
Under the supervision of Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad, “Markaz Ad-Dirasat Al-Islamiyah” is working on the translation of Musnad Ahmad and as well on a large collection of authentic Ahadith
In recent years, a group of scholars and students of knowledge established a Ullama Fatwa Council (https://ulamaweb.com/) with the intention of establishing a Fatwa website similar to Islamqa of Shaykh Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid. Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad was appointed as president of this body and Shaykh Mubashar Rabbani as vice president. Shaykh Khizar Hayat is the secretary of this body which also has Shaykh Ibtisam Elahi Zaheer and Shaykh Hisham Elahi Zaheer, Shaykh Sa’eed Mujtaba Sa’eedi, Shaykh Muneer Qamar and many other leading scholars.
Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad married in 1978 the daughter of Shaykh Muhammad Yusuf Bani, the secretary of Dar Al-Hadith Kamaliyah in Rajanwal Qasur.
Allah (Ta’ala) conferred Shaykh AbdusSattar Hammad 10 children, 3 daughters and 7 sons
January 30, 2022 at 7:37 am
🎁 Congratulations I don’t need to tell you how important it is to optimize every step in your SEO pipeline. But unfortunately, it’s nearly impossible to cut out time or money when it comes to getting good content.At least that’s what I thought until I came across Article Forge…Built by a team of AI researchers from MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Harvard, Article Forge is an artificial intelligence (AI) powered content writer that uses deep learning models to write entire articles about any topic in less than 60 seconds. Their team trained AI models on millions of articles to teach Article Forge how to draw connections between topics so that each article it writes is relevant, interesting and useful.All their hard work means you just enter a few keywords and Article Forge will write a complete article from scratch making sure every thought flows naturally into the next, resulting in readable, high quality, and unique content. Put simply, this is a secret weapon for anyone who needs content.I get how impossible that sounds so you need to see how Article Forge writes a complete article in less than 60 seconds! https://stanford.io/3G7Hfmp 🎁
Best Dating Site 2022
February 2, 2022 at 11:35 pm
🎁 Congratulations Superlotto in honor of its 25th anniversary gives you free lottery ticket 6/45! Fill out a ticket: https://cutt.us/h0TbJ 🎁