Biography of Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i
Biography of Shaykh Dr AbdurRahman Firyawa’i
Shaykh AbdurRahman ibn AbdilJabbar Firyawa’i was born in 1951 in the village of Piraba Nara’inpur (in the area of Ilahabad, in the province of UP in India) which when Arabicised becomes Firyawa, hence the Shaykh was named Firyawa’i. The Shaykh studied preliminary sciences in his village in the Madrasah Madinah Al-Ulum.
In 1965 at the age of 14 Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i joined the Madrasah Sa’eediyah (Banaris) which was founded by Shaykh Muhammad Sa’eed Banarsi, a preeminent student of Mian Nazeer Husayn Dehlwi. After studying for a year in Madrasah Sa’eediyah, the Shaykh joined Jamiyah Rehmaniyah in 1966 and studied there for approximately 3 years. In 1968 he joined Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris and graduated from there (Sanad Alimiyat and Fazeelat). Afterwards the Shaykh was admitted in Madinah University in Kulliyah Sahri’ah and after obtaining his MA, he also completed his PHd in Madinah University. His Phd was entitled: “Shaykh Al-Islam ibn Taymiyah wa Ifadatuhu fi Ulum Al-Hadith”.
After completing his studies, he was appointed as Professor of Hadith and Ulum Al-Hadith in Imam Muhammad ibn Sa’ud University Riyadh. With teaching Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i was also very prolific in writing and researching books.
Among his writings:
1) “Juhud Al-Mukhlisah fi Khidmah As-Sunnah Al-Mutaharah”: Arabic book authored by the Shaykh on the efforts of the Ahl e Hadith scholars from the Indian Subcontinent on Hadith, all their written services in this field.
2) “Juhud Ahlil Hadith fi Khidmah Al-Quran”: Arabic book authored by the Shaykh on the efforts of the Ahl e Hadith scholars from the Indian Subcontinent on the Quran, all their written services in this field. It was introduced by Shaykh Dr Muqatda Hasan Azhari and published by “Idarah Buhuth Al-Islamiyah bil Jamiyah Salafiyah bi Banaris” in 78 pages.
3) “Shaykh Al-Islam ibn Taymiyah wa Juhuduhu fil Hadith wa Ulumihi” (Arabic) published in 4 volumes by Dar Al-Asimah.
4) “As-Seerah Al-Ilmiyah li Shaykh Al-Islam ibn Taymiyah”: In 1987 an international Seminar was conducted in Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris entitled “Hayat Shaykh Al-Islam ibn Taymiyah wa A’malihi Al-Khalidah” in which scholars of Nadwah such as Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi and scholars of Aligarh University and others were invited. Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i wrote the report on this seminar entitled “Adhwa ala Nadwah Al-Alamiyah” and with it all the Maqalat of the scholars were translated in Arabic and published in this book.
5) “Turath Al-Muslimin Al-Ilmi fi Nazar Shaykh Al-Islam ibn Taymiyah”: 227 pages Arabic book introduced by Shaykh Allamah Muqatda Hasan Azhari and published by “Idarah Buhuth Al-Islamiyah bil Jamiyah Salafiyah bi Banaris”.
6) “Nazarah ‘ala Tafsir Nizam Al-Quran Qadiman wa Hadithan”: An Arabic book authored by the Shaykh criticising some aspects of the Tafsir “Nizam Al-Quran” of Shaykh Hamidudin Al-Farahi.
7) “Fath Al-Mannan fima Rawahu ‘ani Nabi (saw) Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan”
8) “Juzz fi ma Katabahu Al-Mughirah ibn Su’bah ila Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan min Masmu’atihi ‘ani Nabi (saw)”
9) “Juzz fi Jam’ Turuq Hadith “La Nikah ila bi Walyin””
10) “Ath-Thiqat lazina Awradahum ibn Adi fi Kitabihi Al-Kamil fi Dua’afa Ar-Rijaal”
And many others books authored by the Shaykh.
Among his verifications of books of Hadith and others:
1) Tahqiq and Ta’liq on “Al-Ba’ith Al-Hathith fi Fadl Ilm Al-Hadith Wa Ahlihi Ad-Dahith”, an Arabic book of Allamah AbdulJaleel Samrodi.
2) Arabic translation and Tahqiq of “Zakhair Al-Mawarith fi Jam’ Al-Quran” of Shaykh Abul Qasim Sayf Banarsi.
3) Tahqiq of “Kitab Al-Abatil wal Manakir wa Sihhah wal Mashahir” of Hafiz Al-Jurqani, published in 2 volumes.
4) Tahqiq of “Kitab Az-Zuhd” of Imam Wakee’ ibn Jarrah, published in 3 volumes.
5) Tahqiq of “Kitab Az-Zuhd” of Imam Hannad ibn As-Sirri, published in 2 volumes.
6) Tahqiq of “Zuhd Ath-Thamaniyah min At-Tabi’in li Alqamah ibn Murshid, Riwayatan ibn Abi Hatim Ar-Razi”, published.
7) Tahqiq of “Talkhis Al-Abatil” of Hafiz Az-Zahabi, it was published in 1406.
8) Tahqiq of “Kashf As-Salsalah an Wasf Az-Zalzalah” of Imam As-Suyuti, published in 1406.
9) Tahqiq of “Ta’zim Qadr As-Salah” of Imam Muhammad ibn Nasr Al-Marwazi, published in 2 volumes.
10) Tahqiq of “Risalah fi Jarh wa Ta’dil” of Hafiz Al-Munziri, published.
11) Tahqiq of “Shurut Al-Aimah” of Imam Ibn Mandah
12) Tahqiq of “Shurut Al-Aimah” of Hafiz Al-Maqdisi
13) Tahqiq of “Shurut Al-Aimah” of Imam Al-Hazimi
14) Tahqiq of “Juzz Al-Hasan ibn Arafah”
15) Tahqiq of “Juzz Bibi Bint AbdiSamad Al-Harthamiyah”
16) Tahqiq of “Ahadith Awali min Juzz ibn Arafah” of Hafiz Az-Zahabi
17) Tahqiq of “Ahadith Mukhtarah min Mawduat ibn Jawzi wal Jurqani” of Hafiz Az-Zahabi
18) Tahqiq of “Shurut Al-Aimah” of Allamah ibn Mulaqqin (from the Muqaddimah Al-Badr Al-Muneer)
19) Verification of “Dhaw Al-Masabih fi Sharh Mishkat Al-Masabih” (Arabic) of Shaykh AbdulJaleel Samrodi, it was published under the supervision of Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i.
20) Tahqiq and Ta’liq on “As-Sunnah wa Shi’ah” of Allamah Rasheed Ridha Misri, published by Idarah Al-Buhuth Al-Islamiyah bil Jamiyah Salafiyah bi Banaris
And many other books of Hadith with the Shaykh’s verification are being prepared for publication.
Among his translations from Arabic to Urdu or under his supervision:
1) “Ek Majlis ki Teen Talaqen Ullama Salaf ki Nazar mein”: Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i translated into Urdu a book of Dr Sulayman ibn Abdillah Al-Umayr on the issue of the triple divorce, and it was published by “Firyawa’i Academy”
2) The Shaykh translated a book of Shaykh Allamah Salih ibn Ghanim Sadlan “At-Ta’rif bil Mamlakah Al-Arabiyah As-Su’udiyah wa Juhuduha” and it was published by “Firyawa’i Academy”.
3) Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i established the project of “Hadith Encyclopaedia” to translate the Sihhah Sittah, Muwatta Imam Malik and Sunnan Darimi with notes in Urdu and he established “Majlis Ilmi Dar Ad-Da’wah Delhi” with 6 other scholars (Shaykh Ahmad Mujtaba Salafi, Shaykh Rafeeq Ahmad Salafi, Shaykh Muhammad Ayub Umri, Shaykh Muhammad Khalid Umri, Shaykh Muhammad Mustaqeem Salafi and Shaykh Basheerudin Taymi) for this great work.
Many of these translations of the four Sunnan have been published in India and Pakistan.
4) Al-Allamah Al-Muhadith Dhiya Ar-Rahman A’zami authored in Hindi the book “Lughat Al-Quran” in 2 volumes explanation of words in the Qur’an classified in Alphabetical order. Under the supervision of Shaykh AbdurRahman Feraway, its Urdu translation has been published in a single large volume under the name “Quran Encyclopaedia”
Among his translations from Urdu to Arabic or under his supervision:
1) “Dawam e Hadith” of Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi which is being prepared for publication.
2) “Al-Islah” of Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi which is being prepared for publication
3) “Al-Khilafah wal Mulk” of Hafiz Salahdin Yusuf, which is a refutation of Shaykh Mawdudi’s “Khilafat wa Mulukiyat”
4) “Nusratul Bari fi Tayid Sahih Al-Bukhari” of Shaykh AbdurRauf Rehmani.
5) “Al-Intiqad Ar-Rajeeh ‘ala Itiqad As-Sahih” of Allamah Nawab Siddiq Hasan Khan Bhopali.
6) “Nazarah ‘ala Masalah Al-Hijaz fi Ayam Al-Malak Abdul Aziz ibn Saud” of Shaykh Al-Islam Thanaullah Amritsari
7) “Rad ala Mawqif Shaqiqayn Muhammad Ali wa Shokat Ali min Al-Malak Abdul Aziz ibn Saud wa Mutamar Al-Hijaz wa Bayan Ar-Ray As-Sahih fihi” of Shaykh Al-Islam Thanaullah Amritsari
8) “Jalalah Al-Malak Abdul Aziz ibn Su’ud” of Shaykh Isma’eel Ghaznawi
And many other books
Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i’s publication institute “Firyawa’i Academy” published many books of other scholars such as the Urdu translation of “Haqiqah At-Tawheed” of Shaykh Muhammad Ahmad Bashmeel, “Maqalat Hadith” of Shaykh Isma’eel Salafi, “Dawam e Hadith” of Hafiz Gondlawi and many other works such as “Tafsir Sa’di”.
He also introduced many books such “Al-Islah” (Urdu) and “Majmu Rasail Gondalwi” (Arabic) published by Umm-Ul-Qura Publications. Likewise he introduced one volume of “Tarikh Ahl e Hadith” of Dr Baha Al-Din Sulayman Azhar.
Also Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i authored many articles in different magazine in Urdu and Arabic.
With his writings, Shaykh AbdurRahman Firyawa’i established many Madaris for boys and girls in Ilahabad for religious and modern studies.
He obtained Ijazah from Shaykh Ubaydullah Mubarakpuri Rehmani (author of Mir’atul Mafatih Sharh Mishkat Al-Masabih), Shaykh Ata’ullah Haneef Bhujiyani (author of “At-Ta’liqat As-Salafiyah ‘ala Sunan Nasa’i”, Shaykh Badi’udin Shah Rashidi Sindhi, Shaykh Hamood Tuwayjiri, Shaykh Hammad Ansari, Shaykh Isma’eel Ansari and many other scholars.
He studied as well “Taysir Al-Aziz Al-Hameed” from Shaykh Abdullah Ghunaymaan.
Source of the biography: “Gulistan e Hadith” of Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Bhatti with other sources.
LEAVE A REPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.