Biography of Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Al-Hamd
Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Hamd was born in 1330 in Egypt. He studied at Azhar university since young, he did his primary and secondary studies there, he studied after in Kulliyah Shareeah and obtain graduation there.
He taught afterwards for 10 years in Egypt then went to KSA where he was appointed as teacher in Ma'had Buraidah Ilmi, and taught there for 3 years since 1376, and among his students in Ma'had we count Shaykh Salih Fawzan and Shaykh AbdurRahman Ajlan.
Then he was appointed in 1379 as teacher in the Kulliyah Shareeah wa Lughah Arabiyah in Riyadh. He taught there Tafsir, Usul Al-Fiqh and Subul As-Salam Sharh Bulugh Maram.
Madeenah university was opened in 1381 and Shaykh Ibn Baz asked Shaykh Muhammad Ibrahim Aal Shaykh to send Shaykh Ameen Shanqiti and Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Hamd to teach in Madeenah university. Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibrahim Aal Shaykh accepted to send Shaykh Ameen Shanqiti but refused to send Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Hamd as one of them was needed in the Kulliyah in Riyadh. In the next year, Shaykh ibn Baz reiterated his request to obtain Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Hamd and this time Shaykh Muhammad Ibrahim Aal Shaykh agreed, hence Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Hamd went to Madeenah in 1382.
In 1384, Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Hamd went to Pakistan to recruit 2 teachers of Hadith for Madeenah university, and he recruited Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi and Shaykh AbdulGhaffar Hasan. Shaykh ibn Baz had requested Shaykh Ismaeel Salafi to become teacher of Hadith in Madeenah university, but as he was the secretary general of MArkazi Jamiat Ahl e Hadith Pakistan and was needed in Pakistan, Shaykh Ismaeel Salafi advised Shaykh Ibn Baz to recruit Hafiz Muhammad Gondalwi and Shaykh AbdulGhaffar Hasan Rehmani.
In 1385, Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris requested Shaykh Muhammad Ibrahim Aal Shaykh to attend the opening ceremony of it, and Shaykh Muhammad Ibrahim Aal Shaykh excused and requested Shaykh Ibn Baz to attend, but he excused as well due to his business in Madeenah university,so Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Hamd went to represent him. King Faisal also instructed the Saudi ambassador in India to join Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Hamd in this opening ceremony in Banaris.
Shaykh Abdul Qadir Shaybah Hamd with teaching in Madeenah university and Masjid Nabawi would also appear on many TV programs and teach on them. In Masjid Nabawi, he taught Tafsir of the Quran during 14 years.
In 1400 he was appointed in the Ma'had Aali li Dawah Islamiyah which was under Jamiyah Imam Muhammad ibn Suud Al-Islamiyah.
1) Huquq Al-Marah fil Islam
2) Al-Adiyan Wal Furuq wal mazahib Al-Muasarah
3) Imta Al-Uqool bi rawdah Al-Usool fi Usul Al-Fiqh.
4) Ithbat Al-Qiyas fi Shareeah Al-Islamiyah wa Rad ala Munkirihi
5) Min Mazahib Al-Hadamah
6) Tahqiqat an Laylatil Qadr
7) Qisas Al-Haqq fo Seerah Saydil Khalq
8) Qisas Al-Anbiya
9) Adhwa Ala Tafsir
10) The poem "An-Naseehah" with its Sharh "Ar-Rawdah Al-Faseehah"
11) Tahqiq Fathil Bari bi Sharh Sahih Al-Bukhari
12) Fiqh Al-Islam Sharh Bulugh Al-Maram (10 vol)
13) Tahqiq Al-Jami As-Sahih lil Imam Bukhari bi Riwayah Abi Zar Harawi
14) Tafsir Ayat Al-Ahkam
15) Tahzib At-Tafsir wa Tajreed At-Taweel (6 vol)
Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Hamd passed away on the 27 May 2019 at the age of 98. Even in his late age and weakness, he would always pray in the Masjid and be in its first rank.
Among his students in UK we count:
1) Shaykh Suhaib Hasan AbdulGhaffar, who studied under him in Madeenah university. Shaykh Suhaib also explained in a series of more than 40 videos in English Shaykh AbdulQadir Shaybah Al-Hamd's book "Imta Al-Uqool"
2) Shaykh Shoaib Ahmed Mirpuri, Naib Ameer of Markazi Jamiat Ahl e Hadith UK.
3) Shaykh Abdul Alaa Durrani, Nazim Itla'at Markazi Jamiat Ahl e Hadith UK.