Biography of Shaykh Ridhaullah Mubarakpuri
Biography of Shaykh Ridhaullah Mubarakpuri (1952-2003)
Shaykh Ridhaullah was born in the province A'zamGhar in the village of Mubarakpur in 1952. His father Haji Muhammad Idrees Jarah was not a scholar but a medical doctor and Hajji Muhammad Idrees Jarah's father Hakeem Muhammad Shafee' was the little brother of Allamah AbdurRahman Mubarakpuri, the author of "Tuhfatul Ahwazi", so shaykh Ridhaullah was the grand son of Allamah AbdurRahman Mubarakpuri's younger brother.
Shaykh Ridhaullah started his studies in Mubarakpur in Madrasah Arabiyah Dar At-Ta'leem, and after studied in Jamiyah Rehmaniyah in Banaris for 4 years and benefited from:
Shaikh Aziz Ahmad Nadwi,
Shaikh AbdusSalam Gondwi,
Shaikh Qurratul Ayn,
Shaykh AbdusSalam Tibi,
Master Abdul Hameed,
After he started in 1970 his studies of Alimiyat in Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris and obtained his degree in 1974, and he benefited there from:
Shaikh Abdul Mueed Banarsi,
Shaykh Abdul Waheed Rehmani,
Shaykh Idrees Azad Rehmani,
Shaikh Shamsul Haq (father of Shaikh Ozair Shams)
Shaykh Muhammad Abid Rehmani
Dr Muqtada Hasan Azhari
Shaykh Muhammad Rais Nadwi
After Shaykh Ridhaullah entered the course Fazeelat in Jamiyah Salafiyah when Allamah Dr Tadiudin Hilali, who was a student of Shaykh AbdurRahman Mubarakpuri came to visit Jamiyah Salafiyah, and he was very respectful of his teacher's family so he invited Shaykh Ridhaullah to come to Morocco with him, so Shaykh Ridhaullah stayed in Morocco for approximately 2 years where he specialized in Arabic literature.
After Shaykh Ridhaullah was admitted to Madeenah University and he obtained his BA in Kulliyatul Hadith and his MA in 1985, and his PHD in 1989 and his Maqalah was on the Tahqiq of "Al-Fitan" of Abu Amr Ad-Daani ("Tahqiq wa Dirasah As-Sunnah Al-Waridah fil Fitan li Abi Amr Ad-Daani").
After his studies, he became a teacher in Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris where he taught up to his death.
He held many positions:
1) He was a member of Rabitah Alam Islami (Muslim world league) on the department of Majma Al-Fiqh Al-Islami.
2) The Saudi embassy established a Jami'yah gathering students from KSA in India and Nepal and they appointed Shaykh Ridhaullah Muabarkpuri as its president
3) He was the Mu'tamad Khas of Jami'yah At-Turath Al-Islami Kuweit, he would regulalry go ther ein holidays for programs and lectures, as well as Jam'iyah At-Turath's programs in America.
4) He was elected as vice president of Markazi Jam'iyat Ahl e Hadith Hind
5) He was appointed as Shaykh Al-Jami'yah of Jamiyah Salafiyah Banaris
His writings and books edited:
1) "Tahqiq wa Ta'liq ala Kitab Ar-Rad ala man Yaqulu Al-Quran Makhlooq li Abi Bakr An-Najad" (Arabic pulished in Kuweit)
2) "Tahqiq wa Ta'liq Kitab Al-Azamah li Abi Shaykh Al-Asfahani" in 5 vol, Arabic published in Riyad.
3) "Tahqiq wa Dirasah As-Sunnah Al-Waridah fil Fitan li Abi Amr Ad-Daani" 3 vol, Arabic, Published in Riyad
4) "Thaqiq wa Ta'liq Kitab Al-Amwal li Ibn Abi Duniya" Arabic published in Mumbai
5) "Eman bil Yawmil Aakhir" Urdu, published in Delhi
6) "Tazkirah fil Hadith An-Nabawi", Arabic with its Urdu translation, published by Markazi Jamiat Ahl e Hadith Hind, Delhi
7) "Salafiyat ka Ta'aruf", Urdu
8) "Bisa ma Fa'ala Akhul 'Asheerah" (Arabic)
9) "Mawjudah Hukumton ke Parliemani Intekhabat mein Hisah" (Urdu translation)
10) "Muminah Awroton ke liye Tanbih" (Urdu translation)
11) "Kitab Al-Janaiz" Translation into Arabic of Shaykh AbdurRahman Mubarakpuri's epistle
12) Translation into Arabic of "Shaykh Muhammad ibn AbdilWahab ke bare mein do Mutadhad Nazrie" of Shaykh Mahfooz Ar-Rahman Faizi
With these books verified, authored and translated, Shaykh Ridhaullah Mubarakpuri also wrote many articles in Arabic and Urdu, the urdu were published in "Tarjuman" (Delhi), "Isha'at As-Sunnah" (Delhi), and "Muhadith" (Banaris) and the Arabic ones in "Sawt Al-Ummah"
On the 30 March 2003 there was a conference In Mumbai on the topic of "mercy" in which Shaykh Ridhaullah Mubarakpuri delivered a lecture on Qadha wa Qadr, and little after the lecture he felt a pain in his heart and was rushed to Fawziya Hospital in Mumbai but he passed away there. His funeral prayer was led in the conference afterwards by Dr FazlurRahman Salafi Madni and 5000 prayed his funeral prayer and his body was send after to Mubarakpur were he was buried on the 31st March 2003.
Below is a video of his last speech: