Biography of Allamah Atahullah Haneef Bhujiyani
This biography is taken from a biography made by Shaykh Mohammad Ozair Shams, present in “Al-I’tisam, Ishaat Khas bi Yaad Molana Muhammad Ataullah Haneef Al-Bhujiyani”, which is a 1200 pages book on Shaykh Ataullah Al-Bhujiyani. This large book contains articles of many scholars on the Shaykh’s biography, works, political and religious activities, their meetings with him. In this biography below of Shaykh Ozair Shams, I have added things in brackets.
Shaykh Abu Tayib Muhammad ‘Ataullah Haneef Al-Bhujiyani (1909-1987)
Shaykh Muhammad ‘Ataullah Haneef Al-Bhujiyani was born in 1327 H (1909) in the small village of Bhujiyan, which is 13 miles south of Amritsar. He learned the translation of the Quran from Molvi AbdulKareem, Shaykh Faiz Muhammad Khan and his son Shaykh ‘AbdurRahman Khan, and “Bulugh Al-Maram” and “Mishkat Al-Masabih” up to the chapter “Riqaq” from Shaykh Faiz Muhammad Khan and ‘AbdurRahman Khan.
At the age of 15, he travelled to Delhi where he stayed in the Madrasah Hameediyah for 2 years and learned “Tafsir Al-Jalalayn” and “Sihhah As-Sittah” from Shaykh Abdul Jabbar Al-Kandhalwi, and then he learned in Dehli in one year “Sharh Nukhbat Al-Fikr” and “Al-Muwatta” from Shaykh Sharf Ad-Deen Ad-Dehlawi.
After the Shaykh travelled to Lakhw where he studied for two years from Shaykh ‘Ataullah Al-Lakhwi the following books: Hidayah An-Nahow, Kafiyah, Sharh Jami, Fusul Akbari, Shafiyah, Sharh Tahzib, Qatbi, Meer Qatbi, Nur Al-Anwar, Mukhtasar Al-Ma’ani, Sharh Wiqayah and Kanz Ad-Daqaiq.
Then the Shaykh went to GujranWala where he learnt from Hafiz Muhammad Al-Gondalwi in the Madrasah Dar Al-Islam for two years the following books: Sharh Aqaid An-Nasafi, Shamd Bazighah, Mulla Hasan, Hamdullah Qatbiyah, Ghulam Yahya, Sharh Isharat, Muthalam Ath-Thuboot, Husami, Tawdih At-Talwih, Hamasah, Dewan Al-Mutanabi, Maqamat Hariri, translation of the Quran and Hidayah (second part).
At this time, during his studies the Shaykh would take interests in politics, and he would speak against the British Raaj, and he even translated some articles of Shaykh Rasheed Rida about the injustices of France in Morocco.
After completing his studies in 1930 or 1931, he taught for one year in the Madrasah “Tanzeem Ahlul Hadith” in GujranWala, afterwards Shaykh Isma’eel As-Salafi advised him to become Khateeb in a Masjid in KotKapurah Fayrozpur. The Shaykh stayed there for 3 years. Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Bhatti became his student there. In 1936, the Shaykh went to Madrasah Markaz Al-Islam where he taught for a year, among his famous students there were Shaykh Mu’eenudin Al-Lakhwi and Shaykh Muhiyudin Al-Lakhwi.
In 1937, the Shaykh went to the city of Fayrozpur where he stayed for 10 years. Shaykh Abdul Hameed Al-Hazarwi was among his famous students there. He established Dar Al-Hadith Nazeeriyah there and educated many students of knowledge such as AbdurRaheem Shah Al-Lakhwi, Molvi Abu Zar Isma’eel Al-Fayrozpuri, Molvi Muhammad Yahya, Molvi Muhammad Ishaq Bhatti and others. He became member of the Shurah board of Jamiyat Ulama Hind and also became member of the Congress. In 1946, Nehru gave a speech in Fayrozpur in a conference organised by the Shaykh.
The Shaykh always had a great love of collecting books. In Fayrozpur, he established “Maktabah Ilmiyah” and the Shaykh would buy books from the profits in this business and he managed to collect up to 3000 books in 7 years, but all these books disappeared in the riots in 1947.
After the creation of Pakistan, the Shaykh went to GondlaWala where he taught for less than a year. His famous students there are Shaykh Muhammad Yahya Sharqpuri, Hafiz Yahya Meer Muhammadi, Molvi Muhammad Yahya, and Molvi ‘AbdurRahman Goharwi.
In 1949, Shaykh Dawud Al-Ghaznawi called him to Lahore to teach in Madrasah Taqwiayatul Islam, and the Shaykh taught there for 7 years, and afterwards the Shaykh left teaching as he wanted to write. Among his students there are Molvi Muhammad Yunus (Muzaffarabad) and Hafiz AbdurRasheed and others.
In 1949, he established “Maktabah As-Salafiyah” (which is next to the Madrasah Taqwiyatul Islam), and he published from there many precious books, and with the profits he started again to collect books and in few years he managed to gather all the books he had lost in Fayrozpur. The only book that he could not find was “Awasim minal Qawasim” of Qadhi Abu Bakr ibn Al-Arabee.
In August 1949, he established the magazine “Al-I’tisam”. Its first editor was Shaykh Muhamamd Haneef An-Nadwi and it became upon the request of Shaykh Isma’eel As-Salafi the magazine of Markazi Jamiyat Ahlul Hadith Pakistan, though shaykh Ataullah Haneef remained the Mudir. Later on for some reasons (dispute with Shaykh Ihsan Ilahi Zaheer who was editor of the magazine after), this magazine became independent from the MJAH Pakistan, and Shaykh Muhammad ‘Ataullah Al-Bhujiyani became its editor. (This magazine since was ran by his son Shaykh Ahmad Shakir who is the Mudir, and it is the most prestigious Ahlul Hadith magazine in Pakistan, in which all major Ahlul Hadith scholars have been writing, and nowadays Shaykh Irshadul Haq Al-Athari and Shaykh Thanaullah Al-Madni are in the board of this prestigious magazine)
From October 1956 to July 1959, Shaykh Ataullah Al-Bhujiyani also published the magazine “Ar-Raheeq” which refuted Hadith rejecters and modernists.
In 1979, the Shaykh established the institute “Dar Ad-Da’wah As-Salafiyah”, which has a public Library, with a Masjid, a Madrasah, the head office of “Al-I’tisam” and the Shaykh gave all his books to this institute. Shaykh Muhammad Ozair Shams said he was present at the first conference held in this institute in 1980.
(Umm-ul-Qura publications published the book in Urdu “Itmam Al-Hujjah ‘ala man Awjaba Az-Ziyarah mithla Hajjah” under the name “Ziyarat e Qabr Nabawi” of Shaykh Muhammad Basheer As-Sahsawani with the introduction of Shaykh Muhammad Ozair Shams, after Shaykh Irshadul Haq Al-Athari told us that it was present in the Makatabah of “Dar Ad-Da’wah As-Salafiyah”. This book of Shaykh Muhammad Basheer As-Sahsawani (student of Mian Nazeer Husayn Ad-Dehlawi) is a refutation of Abdul Hay Al-Luknawi who objected to the “Sarim Al-Munki” of Hafiz ibn Abdil Hadi and tried falsely to defend the narrations present in the “Shifa” of As-Subki.)
Books and articles of Shaykh Ataullah Haneef Al-Bhujiyani
Shaykh Muhammad Ataullah Haneef Al-Bhujiyani started writing articles at the age of 17 in 1926. His first pamphlet was entitled “Inhidam Qubon par Eek Nazar or Hijaz Muqaddas mein Tawheedi Manzar” (Ruling on destroying domes (on graves) and the movement of Tawheed in the holy land of Hijaz)
Then in 1926-1927, the Shaykh wrote in the Magazine “Ahlul Hadith” of Amritsar different articles:
“Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah par Ittiham babat Ziyarat Qabr Nabawi” (False accusations against Ibn Taymiyah regarding visiting the grave of the Prophet (saw))
“Haqiqat Naskh Shari’ah” (reality on the abrogation of the Shari’ah) in 2 parts
“Al-Lum’ah fi Tahqiq As-Salah Hal Khutbah Al-Jumu’ah” (article about praying two Rak’ah when entering the Masjid during the Khutbah)
“Arbab Kamalat ke Muta’aliq Buzurgan Ahnaf ke Khayalat” (Hanafi scholar’s views on saints)
“Tahzir An-Naas ‘an Shuhud Al-A’ras” (warning against the festivals on graves)
“Kiya Muhaditheen Muqalid the?” (Were the Muhadiths blind fllowers?” in two parts.
The Shaykh wrote an article on the Qunut on the Witr prayer during his stay in Lakhw, whether it should be before or after the Ruku’, and it was published in the magazine “Tawheed”of Amritsar. Some articles of the Sahykh were also published in the magazine “Muslim Ahlul Hadith Gazette” in Delhi.
1) “Al-Ihtida fil Iktifa bi Tafseer Al-Istiwa” (Rislaah on the Topic of Istiwa according to the Madhab of the Salaf and refutation of Taweel). This Risalah is not published.
2) “At-Tahqeeq Ar-Rasikjh fi Anna Ahadith Raf Al-Yadayn laysa laha Nasikh (Risalah proving the raising the hands has not been abrogated) Shaykh Ataullah gathered the speech of his teacher Hafiz Muhammad Al-Gondlawi and added many benefits to it. This book is a refutation of the Hanafi Molvi Ashaf ur Rahman Al-Kandhalvi.
3) Rad’ Al-Anam ‘an Muhadathat ‘Aashir Muharram Al-Haram, (an epistle in Arabic against the innovations on the 10th of Muharram)
4) Imam Ash-Shawkani (Book in Urdu on the life on Imam Ash-Shawkani)
5) “Fayd Al-Wadood Hashiyah Sunnan Abi Dawood”, only two parts, not published.
6) “Hashiyah Blugh Al-Maram”, only half, not published.
7) “Hashiyah Nukhbatul Fikr”, only 80 pages, not published.
8) “Hadith wa Shuyu’ Mazahib Arba’ah par Eek Tarikhi Nazar” (translation of the book of Ahmad Taymor Pasha, not complete, not published)
9) “Tahqiqat Al-Marghubah fi Tahqeeq Sunniyat Rafil Yadayn fi Tatawu’ ba’da Salah Al-Maktubah” (Risalah on raising the hands after the prayer)
10) “Payare Rasool ki Payare Duaeen” (book on invocations in Urdu)
11) “Qurbani ki Shar’i Haythiyat or Ghalt Fahmiyon ka Izalah” (the status of slaughtering and removal of Modernists’ doubts regarding it)
12) “At-Ta’leeqat As-Salafiyah ‘ala Sunnan An-Nasai” (5 vol Arabic explanation of “Sunnan An-Nasai, most famous book of the Shaykh.) (Shaykh Ataullah Hnaeef’s grandsons told me that shaykh ALbani benefited from it when doing his Takhrij of “Sunnan An-Nasai”)
13) “Hajj or Umrah ke Fazail mein 40 Ahadith Nabawiyah” (Explanation of “Arba’un Hadithan fil Hajj wal Umrah” of Nawab Siddiq Hasan Khan, explanation in Urdu of 40 Ahadith on Hajj and Umrah)
14) “Karbala ki Kahani Hazrat Abu Ja’far Baqir ki Zubani” (quotes of Abu Ja’far Baqir regarding the events of Karbala, as quoted in Tahzeeb At-Tahzeeb)
The Shaykh has also done Takhrij, Tahqiq, introduced, done Hashiyah (explanation), Tanqih (corrective notes), Ta’leeq (small notes) and proof read many books he published:
1) “Al-Fawz Al-Kabeer fi Usul At-Tafseer” of Shah Waliyullah Ad-Dehlawi, Tahqiq and Ta’leeq on this book on fundamentals of Tafsir.
2) “Hayat Wali” of Molvi Raheem Bakhsh Ad-Dehlawi, revision and introduction of this book on the biography of Shah Waliyullah Ad-Dehlawi.
3) “Tanweer Al-Aynayn fi Ithbat Raf Al-Yadayn” of Shah Isma’eel Ad-Dehlawi, Tahqiq and publisher’s notes on this book establishing Raful Yadayn.
4) “Hayat Imam Ahmad ibn Hambal” of Abu Zahrah, translated in Urdu by Raees Ahmad Ja’fari, with Hashiyah and introduction of Shaykh Ataullah Haneef.
5) “Al-Ittiba’” of ibn Abdil Izz Al-Hanafi, Arabic, Tahqiq and Ta’liq.
6) “Ahsan At-Tafaseer” (7 vol Tafsir in Urdu of Shaykh Ahmad Hasan Ad-Dehlawi), introduction, proof reading, Hashiyah and Takhrij.
7) “Hayat Shaykh Al-Islam ibn Taymiyah” of Abu Zahrah, translated in Urdu by Ghulam Ahmad Hariri, with Tanqih, Tahqiq, Hashiyah and introduction of Shaykh Ataullah Haneef. (Shaykh Ataullah refuted in the notes of this book the false claims on Asma wa Sifat made by Abu Zahrah Al-Misri against Ibn Taymiyah)
8) “Hayat Imam Abu Haneefah” of Abu Zahrah, translated in Urdu by Ghulam Ahmad Hariri, with Tanqih, Tahqiq, Hashiyah and introduction of Shaykh Ataullah Haneef.
9) “Akmal Al-Bayan fi Tayid Taqwiyatil Iman bi Jawab Atyab Al-Bayan” of Azizudin Al-Muradabadi, Tarteeb, Tabweeb, Hashiyah and introduction. (This books refutes the Brelwi scholar’s book “Atyab Al-Bayan” and it defends the book “Taqwiyatul Iman” of Shah Isma’eel Ad-Dehlawi)
10) “Tawfeeq Al-Bari Tarjumah li Adab Al-Mufrab lil Bukhari” of Nawab Siddiq hasan Khan, Urdu translation of “Adab Al-Mufrad”, Tanqih and Tahzib. Not complete.
11) “Juzz Al-Qiraah” of Imam Al-Bukhari, translated by his son Ahmad Shakir in Urdu, revision of Shaykh Ataullah Haneef.
12) “Tanweer Al-Aynayn fi Ithbat Raf Al-Yadayn “of Shah Isma’eel Ad-Dehlawi, revised the Urdu translation of Muhammad Sulayman Ansari and introduction.
13) “Juzz Qiraah” of Imam Al-Bukhari, Arabic, revision.
15 to 17) Majmu’ah gathering 3 books of Shaykh Muhammad Hayat As-Sindhi: “Al-Ittiba’”, “Tuhfatul Anam fil Amal bil Hadith Nabi aleyhi Salam” (book on acting upon the Hadith) and “Al-Eeqaf ‘ala Sabab Al-Ikhtilaf” (book on the causes behind the differences of scholars) with Tahqiq and Kalimah Nashir of Shaykh Ataullah Haneef.
18) “Maktoobat Shah Waliyullah Ad-Dehlawi” in Persian with Tarteeb, Tahqiq and Ta’liq of Shaykh Ataullah Haneef.
19) “Tanqih Ar-Ruwat fi Takhrij Ahadith Al-Mishkat” of Shaykh Sharf Ad-Deen Ad-Dehlawi and Ahmad Hasan Ad-Dehlawi, 4 huge volumes. Shaykh Ataullah has done Tanqih, Tahqiq and Takhreej of the third volume.
20) “Fasl Al-Khitab fi Fadl Al-Kitab” of Nawab Siddiq Hasan Khan, Hashiyah and introduction.
The Shaykh also introduced, presented author, prefaced, and forwarded many other books:
1) “Muqaddimah fi Usul At-Tafsir” of Ibn Taymiyah, translated in Urdu by AbdurRazaq Al-Mulihabadi, with introduction and Hashiyah of Shaykh Ataullah Al-Bhujiyani.
2) Taqreeb of “Jamate Islami Ka Nazriyah Hadith” of Shaykh Isma’eel As-Salafi.
3) Presentation of Hafiz Muhammad Al-Gondalwi at beginning of book “Bughiyatul Fuhul fi Sharh Mukhtasar Al-Usul” of Hafiz Al-Gondlawi
4) Introduction to “Mira’at Al-Mafatih Sharh Mishkat Al-Masabih” of Shaykh Ubaydullah Al-Mubarakpuri
5) Taqreeb of “Istiqamat” of Qadhi Sulyaman Al-Mansurpuri
6) Introduction and revision of “Muhammadiyah Pocket book” of Abdullah Mua’amar Amritsari, refuting “Ahamdiyah pocket book” of Qadiyanis.
7) Introduction to “Tayid Asmani” of Shaykh Ja’far At-Thanesari
8) Introduction to “Tarikh Mirza” of Shaykh Thanaullah Al-Amritsari
9) Introduction to the Urdu translation of “Tuhfatul Muwahideen” of Shah Waliyullah Ad-Dehlawi
10) Introduction to the Urdu translation of “Risalah Najatiyah” of Shaykh Muhammad Fakhir
11) Introduction to “Rah Najat”, Punjabi translation of the “Wasiyah” of Shah Waliyullah Ad-Dehlawi
12) Introduction to the Urdu translation of “Risalah ‘Amal bil Hadith” of Shaykh Wilayat ‘Ali As-Sadiqpuri
13) Introduction to “Hadith ki Tashri’i Ahmiyat” of Shaykh Isma’eel As-Salafi
14) Presentation of “Ifadat ibn Taymiyah” translated by Hafiz Muhammad Zakariya
15) Introduction to the Majmu’ah gathering 3 books on praying Jumuah in villages: “Nur Al-Basar” of Shaykh AbdurRahman Al-Mubarakpuri (refuting An-Nimawi), “At-Tajmi’ fil Qura” of Shaykh Bakhsh Baragary (refuting rasheed Ahmad Gangohi) and “At-Tahqeeqat Al-Ula fi Ithbat Fareeedhatil Jumu’ah fil Qura” of Shaykh Shamsul Haq Al-Azimabadi
16) Introduction to “At-Tahqeeq wal Eeedah li Labs ma fi Nur Al-Idah” of Shaykh Irshadul Haq Al-Athari
17) Introduction to “Khilafat wa Mulukiyat: Tarikhi or Shar’i haythiyat” of Shaykh Salah ud Deen Yusuf, refuting Al-Mawdudi’s “Khilafat wa Mulukiyat”
18) Introduction of “Hazrat Aishah ki Umar par Tahqeeqi Nazar” of As-Sayid Sulayman An-Nadwi, on the age of Aishah’s wedding
19) Introduction to “Bimah (insurance) of Shaykh Ubaydullah Al-Mubarakpuri and Thanaullah Al-Amritsari
20) Introduction to “Dewan Al-Hamasah”, translated and explained by Hafiz Muhammad Ishaq
21) Introduction to Urdu translation of “Balagh Al-Mubeen” of Shah Waliyullah Ad-Dehlawi
22) Introduction to “Sab’ah Mu’aliqat” translated by Shaykh Isma’eel As-Salafi
23) Introduction to “Naseehatul Muslimeen” of shaykh Khuram ‘Ali Balhori
24) Introduction of “Adab Ziyarat Quboor”, Urdu translation of a chapter of “Tazkiratul Ikhwan” of Shah Isma’eel Ad-Dehlawi
25) Introduction and revision of translation of “Hawi Sharh Zaradi”
26) Introduction to “Rad Al-Ishrak” of Shah Isma’eel Ad-Dehlawi, with Tahqiq of Shaykh Mohammad Ozair Shams
27) Forward to “Molana Shamsul Haq Azimambadi, Hayat wa Khidmat” of Shaykh Mohammad Ozair Shams
28) Forward to “Tazkirah Ulema Bhujiyan” of Shaykh ‘Abdul Azeem Ansari
29) Introduction to “Tazkirah Ulema Khanpur” of Shaykh Abdullah Khanpuri
30) Biography of author in book “Khatimatul Ikhtilaf” of Shaykh Abdul Jabbar Al-Kandhalwi
31) Forward and presentation of author of book “Ahlul Hadith ke Imtiyazi Masail” of Hafiz Abdullah Ar-Ropuri
32) Introduction and biography of author of book “Baraat Ahlul Hadith wal Quran mima fi Jami Al-Shawahid mina Tuhmah wal Buhtan” of shaykh Abdullah Al-Ghazipuri
33) Forward of “Barzakh wa Azab e Qabr” of Shaykh Muhammad Surti
34) Taqreeb of “Barq Al-Islam” of Shaykh Sharf ud Deen Ad-Dehlawi
35) Tabweeb, revision and forward of “Rasool Kareem (saw) ki Namaz” of shaykh Isma’eel As-Salafi
36) Preface to “Tanqid As-Sadeed bar Risalah Ijtihad wa Taqleed” of Shaykh Badi’udin Shah Ar-Rashidi
37) Introduction and presentation of author of book “Al-Irshad ila Sabeel Ar-Rashad” of shaykh Abu Yahaya Muhammad Shah Jahanpuri
38) Forward, biography of author and revision of book “Husn Al-Bayan fi ma fi Seerah An-Nu’man” of shaykh Abdul ‘Aziz Ar-Raheemabadi
39) Forward of “Tafheem Al-Islam” of shaykh Mas’ood Ahmad
40) Urdu translation of Arabic and Persian quotes in “Fatawa Nazeeriyah” of Mian Nazeer Husayn Ad-Dehlawi, 3 vol
41) Revision of the first half of “Ashraf Al-Hawashi” of shaykh ‘Asim Al-Haddad
42) Forward to “Islam or Maseehiyat” of Shaykh Thanaullah Al-Amritsari
43) Introduction to “Islam or Ahlul Hadith” of Shaykh Thanaullah Al-Amritsari
44) Biography of author of book “Anwar Al-Masabeeh” of shaykh Nazeer Ahmad Ad-Dehlawi
45) Introduction of Urdu translation of “Muntaqa Al-Akhbar” of Majdudin ibn Taymiyah
46) Biography of author of book “Molana Ubaydullah As-Sindhi or un ke Afkar or Khayalat par Eeek nazar” of shaykh Masood Alam An-Nadwi
47) Publisher’s forward on Majmuah Maqalat Ilmiyah darbarah Eek Majlis ki Teen Talaq
48) Introduction, biography of author of “Tahzeebb e Niswan” by Nawab Shah Jahan begum
49) Forward to “Al-Maqalat Al-Husna fi Suniyatil Musahafah bil Yad Al-Yumna” of shaykh AbdurRahman Al-Mubarakpuri
50) Introduction and biography of author of “Tabweeb Al-Quran” of Sh Waheed Az-Zaman Al-Lukhnawi
51) Introduction to the Urdu translation of “Mishkat” of Isma’eel As-Salafi
52) Introduction to Urdu translation of chapter on “Tawheed” from Hujjatullah Al-Balighah, done by shaykh Dawud Al-Ghaznawi
53) Forward to “Sahabah mein Hazrat Mu’awiyah ka Maqam” of shaykh Ibn Taymiyah translated in Urdu by shaykh Rafeeq Al-Athari
54) Notes, verification and biography of author of “Ahwal Al-Akhirah” of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Barakullah Al-Lakhwi
55) Verification of “Zeenat Al-Islam” of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Barakullah Al-Lakhwi
56) Short presentation of author of “Tuhfatul Ikhwan” of Hafiz Al-Gondalwi
57) Takhrij of the Ahadith of “Taqwiyatul Iman” of Shaykh Shah Isma’eel Ad-Dehlawi
58) Forward to “Hadith e Rajam” of sh Salah ud Deen Yusuf
Shaykh Ozair Shams, may Allah reward him for his great work, has also listed a long list of more than 200 articles and detailed Fatawa of shaykh Muhammad ‘Aatullah Al-Bhujiyani on different topics, and he has dated them and organised them by topic, and he urged Shaykh Ahmad Shakir, son of shaykh Atatullah Haneef to gather them and published them in book format in many volumes.
He also urged them from what brothers at Maktabah Salafiyah Lahore told me, to put the Shaykh’s Ta’leeqat to “Hayat ibn Taymiyah” of Abu Zahrah in Arabic, as it is a precious refutation of Abu Zahrah Al-Misri’s false objections on Ibn Taymiyah. And Shaykh Muhammad Ozair Shams is a specialist of Ibn Taymiyah, from whom he published many books for the first time, as was Shaykh Muhammad Haneef Al-Bhujiyani who published many books of Ibn Taymiyah in Arabic in Pakistan (Furqan, Manhaj As-Sunnah, Iqtida Sirat Al-Mustaqeem) and in Urdu (Furqan bayna Awliya Ar-Rahman wa Awliya Ash-Shaytan, Mukhtqasar Iqtida Sirat E Mustaqeem, Usul At-Tafsir and others)
End of quotes from biography taken from Shaykh Ozair Shams’s biography of Shaykh Ataullah Al-Bhujiyani. The rest below is taken from other sources of the same book.
The Shaykh’s political activities
Shaykh Ataullah Al-Bhujiyani, as mentioned in the previous biography of Shaykh Isma’eel As-Salafi was among the founding members of Markazi Jami’yat Ahlul Hadith Pakistan, and he even was Nazim e ‘Ala for some months in 1949 when Shaykh Isma’eel As-Salafi was restricted by authorities to his city of GujranWala. He with Shaykh Dawud Al-Ghaznawi, Isma’eel As-Salafi, Hafiz Al-Gondlawi, Muhammad Haneef An-Nadwi and others played a key role in making this organisation very active and influent. The Shaykh was always elected as the Ameer of Lahore of MJAH Pakistan.
Also Shaykh Ataullah Al-Bhujiyani was member of Ruwayte Hilal committee (State run organisation in which scholars of different schools of thought gather to see the moon for Ramadan and Eed), the Majlis Shura (of president of Pakistan General Zia Ul Haq) and member of Islami Nazriyati Council (Government institute which is to direct parliament to amend constitution, and supervise new laws of parliament and others)
His famous students:
Hafiz Muhammad Ishaq
Hafiz AbdurRahseed Goharwi
Shaykh AbdurRasheed Muslim
Shaykh Azir Ar-Rahman Al-Lakhwi
Hafiz Muhammad Yahya ‘Azir Meer Muhammadi
Shaykh Muhammad Yahya Sharqpuri
Shaykh Muhamad Ya’qub
Qadhi Muhammad Aslam Sayf Al-Fayrozpuri
As-Sayid Abu Bakr Al-Ghaznawi
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Muhammad Isma’eel As-Salafi
Shaykh Muhammad Yunus Al-Athari
Shaykh Mu’een Ad-Deen Al-Lakhwi
Shaykh Muhammad Ishaq Bhatti
Hafiz Salah Ad-Deen Yusuf
Shaykh Muhammad Sulayman Ansari
Shaykh Muhiyudin As-Salafi Al-Goharwi
Hafiz AbdurRahman Al-Goharwi
Shaykh Ubadydullah Shah Al-Lakhwi
Shaykh Abu Bakr As-Sideeq As-Salafi
Shaykh Muhammad Yahya
Shaykh Muhammad Sadiq Al-Khaleel
Shaykh Sayf Ar-Rahman Al-Falah
Shaykh Muhammad Ibraheem Khaleel
Praise of scholars
Shaykh Muqtada Hasan Al-Azhari said: “One of the remarkable feature of the Shaykh’s life is that he collected the writings of the Ahlul Hadith scholars at any price, and according to his capacity, he would manage to publish them, and this is why he is given the title: “Nashir At-Turath As-Salafi bil Hind wa Paksitan”.
Shaykh Abdul Hameed Azhar said that after reading “Ta’leeqat As-Salafiyah”, Shaykh Ibn Baz said that Shaykh Ata’ullah Haneef Al-Bhujiyani was the “Ibn Hajar” of our times.
Shaykh Asim Al-Qaryuti said that Shaykh Atatullah Haneef loved the Saudi scholars especially Shaykh Ibn Baz, Shaykh Hammad Al-Ansari and Shaykh ‘Umar Al-Fullatah. Also Shaykh ‘Ataullah had a great love for Shaykh Albani and he would read and benefit from his books. Shaykh ‘Asim said that he met him for the first time in Mina in a sitting with Shaykh Albani, and then many times during his stay in Pakistan for 5 years. Shaykh Asim also said that Shaykh Hammad Al-Ansari, Shaykh Muhammad Aman Jami and others would praise Shaykh Ataullah.
Shaykh Badiudin Shah Ar-Rashidi said that he first met Shaykh Ataullah before the creation of Pakistan at the Maktabah of Shaykh AbdutTawab Al-Multani, as they both came to buy books, Shaykh AbdutTawab presented him to Shaykh Atatullah Haneef, who had heard of him, since they communicated a lot regarding their passion of books. The last time they met was in 1986, when Shaykh Badi’udin Shah was invited to the conference “Nifaz e Shari’at” of MJAH in Lahore, and he went to see Shaykh Auataullah Al-Bhujiyani who was ill and confined to his bed, and when Shaykh Ataullah Haneef saw him coming, he sat straight as if he was not ill, and started to speak on books, whether he had published “Al-Miraat” and “Inma Az-Zukan fi Jawab Inha As-Sukan”.
Shaykh Thanaullah Al-Madni said he first saw him when he was studying in Jamiyah Al-Quds Galgran Chowk with hafiz Abdullah Ar-Ropuri, and Shaykh Ataullah Haneef would often come and see Hafiz Abdullah Ar-Ropuri on Friday afternoon with a pile of books. After completing his studies of Dars Nizammi there in 1962, Hafiz Thanaullah Al-Madni was accepted to the Islamic University of Madeenah and at the Taqreeb there, he also saw that Shaykh Ataullah Haneef was invited there along Hafiz Abdullah Ar-Ropuri, Hafiz Muhammad Al-Gondalwi and Ustaz Al-Mawdudi.
Shaykh Irshadul Haq Al-Athari said that when he was student in Jamiyah Salafiyah Fayslabad, when studying Sunnan At-Tirmidhi with “Tuhfatul Ahwazi” of Shaykh AbdurRahman Al-Mubarakpuri, there was a quote attributed to Hafiz Az-Zahabi which he could not find in “Al-Mezan” and he had asked Shaykh Atatullah Haneef about this, and the Shaykh explained to him that it was not in “Al-Mizan” of Az-Zahabi but in his Risalaha “Man Tukulima fihi wa huwa Muwathaqun”
After when shaykh Irshadul Haq publsihed with his checking the Majmu’ah gathering 3 books on praying Jumuah in villages: “Nur Al-Basar” of Shaykh AbdurRahman Al-Mubarakpuri (refuting An-Nimawi), “At-Tajmi’ fil Qura” of Shaykh Bakhsh Baragary (refuting rasheed Ahmad Gangohi) and “At-Tahqeeqat Al-Ula fi Ithbat Fareeedhatil Jumu’ah fil Qura” of Shaykh Shamsul Haq Al-Azimabadi, Shaykh Atatullah Haneef introduced it.
Also Shaykh Irshadul Haq Al-Athari said that the Shaykh advised him for many books and helped to find manuscripts. Even when Shaykh Irshadul Haq Al-Athari had verified and added notes to the book “Jala Al-Aynayn fi Takhrij Riwayat Al-Bukhari fi Juzz rafil Yadayn” of Shaykh Badiuduin Shah Ar-Rashidi and wanted to print it, it took him some time to gather the money for composing, and Shaykh Ataullah Haneef even offered him to give money from his own institute, but Al-Hamdulilah Shaykh Irshadul haq managed to do it, and it shows shaykh Ataullah haneef’s extreme desire to publish books of Ahlul Hadith.
Shaykh AbdurRahman Al-Faryawi said that when he was studying in Madeenah university, and Shaykh Atatullah Haneef came to Madeenah, he took him to many of the Shyuykh’s houses such as Hammad Al-Ansari, who was very pleased to meet him, and then Shaykh Hammad took Shaykh Ataullah to meet different other scholars in Madeenah. Shaykh ‘AbdurRahman Al-Farywai also said that he asked shaykh Atatullah Haneef to revise two of his books in Arabic “Juhud Ahlil Hadith fi Tafsir” and “Juhud Al-Mukhalasah fi Khidmah As-Sunnah Al-Mutahharah” about the efforst of Ahlul Hadith scholars if Ondian subcontinent in Tafsir and Hadith, and the Shaykh did so and corrected some mistakes and added some beneficial notes to these books.
Shaykh SafiurRahman Al-Mubarakpuri said that after he won the competition for the best Sirah of the Prophet (saw) with his “Raheeq Al-Makhtum”, Shaykh Ataullah Haneef requested him to translate it into Urdu and, but because of his work in Madeenah, this was delayed, but when he heard about Shaykh Atatullah’s disease, he quickly finished this task and went to see him in Lahore and thus the book was published in Urdu by Maktabah As-Salafiyah Lahore.
Many other scholars mentioned how Shaykh Atatullah helped them or advised them in publishing books. May Allah reward the Shaykh with Al-Firdaws, and give Ahlul Hadith the Tawfeeq to do great works as well.
Here is Arabic bio of the shaykh by Asim Al-Qariyuti, Hafiz Abdul Mannan An-Burpuri in poetry, and introdcutuion of “taliqat As-Salafiyah” by sh Al-Luhaydan
May Allah send Salah and Salam on the Prophet (saw), his family and companions!